Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Problem in playing Multimedia CD

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
September 14, 2005 2:14:06 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Hi All,

An error message "Macromedia Projector has encountered a problem and needs to
close" pops up whenever I try to run a particular multimedia CD in my PC. I
have uninstalled and installed my OS WinXP-SP2(Prof.) twice, but the problem
remains. However the CD runs fine on other PCs with WinXP(Prof) OS. Is there
any solution for this.

Raj
Anonymous
September 15, 2005 3:50:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Raj wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> An error message "Macromedia Projector has encountered a problem and
> needs to close" pops up whenever I try to run a particular multimedia
> CD in my PC. I have uninstalled and installed my OS WinXP-SP2(Prof.)
> twice, but the problem remains. However the CD runs fine on other
> PCs with WinXP(Prof) OS. Is there any solution for this.
>
> Raj

The error message is focused on a third party product, not Windows XP? Reinstalling the operating system does not correct errors in third party products. You need to go to the Macromedia website for support on this error.

Macromedia - Knowledge Base Search:
http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.c...


--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
September 16, 2005 1:41:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Thanks for your reply. I will try macromedia's knowledge base. But what is
eating me is that the same CD is working fine in other systems that run on
WinXP-SP2(Pro).

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Raj wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > An error message "Macromedia Projector has encountered a problem and
> > needs to close" pops up whenever I try to run a particular multimedia
> > CD in my PC. I have uninstalled and installed my OS WinXP-SP2(Prof.)
> > twice, but the problem remains. However the CD runs fine on other
> > PCs with WinXP(Prof) OS. Is there any solution for this.
> >
> > Raj
>
> The error message is focused on a third party product, not Windows XP? Reinstalling the operating system does not correct errors in third party products. You need to go to the Macromedia website for support on this error.
>
> Macromedia - Knowledge Base Search:
> http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.c...
>
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 2:26:30 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Raj wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. I will try macromedia's knowledge base. But
> what is
> eating me is that the same CD is working fine in other systems that
> run on
> WinXP-SP2(Pro).
>snip<

That may be, but this doesn't change the fact that those other XP SP2 systems may not be having the same issues with the Macromedia software. :) 
--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
!