Sign in with
Your question

ABIT IC7-G and IC7-Max3

Last response: in Motherboards
November 3, 2003 2:53:16 PM

quick question...

i'm trying to research a future motherboard purchase, and I'm wondering what the difference was between the two boards in the subject heading. As best I could tell, it looked like the Max3 adds 0+1 Raid... is that it? Is that worth the 50 or so extra for the board?

More about : abit ic7 ic7 max3

November 3, 2003 5:22:30 PM

Best Abit Mobo for the buck is IS7.
November 3, 2003 5:56:45 PM

why do you say that?

and what is your opinion on gigabyte and/or asus?
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
November 4, 2003 12:11:05 AM

Abit IS7 cost only $103 and included SATA RAID, LAN, and Firewire. The SATA RAID and Firewire are worth more than the $13 price increase over the IS7-E.

The IC7-G adds a few more features, but it's up to you whether you'll use them or not. And the IC7-Max3 removes the Serial and Parallel ports, using this space to provide additional cooling for the VRM, something overclockers sometimes appreciate.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
November 4, 2003 2:46:51 AM

Thanks for anwering that for me. Since I just checked in.
a b V Motherboard
November 4, 2003 3:57:36 AM

No problemo.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
November 4, 2003 5:11:58 PM

crashman and hardwareboss -

do either of you own an is7? and if so, what memory do you have paired with it? and finally? did you have any problems getting it to work right?

thanks!
November 4, 2003 5:37:29 PM

My puter. P4 2.4C OCed to 3.0. IS7 Mobo. HyperX PC3500 2X512. Running stable about 3 months.
November 4, 2003 6:24:24 PM

THANK YOU!
a b V Motherboard
November 4, 2003 8:27:15 PM

I'm just a poor system builder, I can't afford to actually own any of the systems like I build others.

!