1.11 mercenaries, more information

what about strength? that was always a hold-up on bigger sticks for
the act2 mercs.

Reg

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/index.php?showtopic=58895
>
>In a nutshell, while you can go to any vendor and hire mercenaries that are no
>more than 5 levels lower than you, due to a new bug, your mercenary will get
>less life if hired at a low level and then leveled up in the usual (albeit
>faster now), way.

Okay, just read through again, and after some tooing and frooing between
people , it would seem it's merely a display bug?

The fact that people can edit their posts makes things pretty confusing.

--
"My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"

Stephen van Ham schrieb:
> Long ago, in the world without shrimp, Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz>,
> supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:
>
>>http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/index.php?showtopic=58895
>>
>>In a nutshell, while you can go to any vendor and hire mercenaries that are no
>>more than 5 levels lower than you, due to a new bug, your mercenary will get
>>less life if hired at a low level and then leveled up in the usual (albeit
>>faster now), way.
>
> Okay, just read through again, and after some tooing and frooing between
> people , it would seem it's merely a display bug?
>
> The fact that people can edit their posts makes things pretty confusing.

I did some (closed Bnet) testing and it seems that hired merc have
exactly the same stats as leveled up merc. At least for NM Act2 might mercs.

Although that means that tedious merc leveling sessions are obsolete
now, I don't like this new feature. It takes a nuance out of the game
that I loved for some strange reason. Yes, the merc leveling speed at
low levels (below 25 that is) needed some adjustments, but the way it is
implemented now certainly overshoots the mark.

---
Hannes

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, Hannes Brunner <bruhan12@web.de>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>I did some (closed Bnet) testing and it seems that hired merc have
>exactly the same stats as leveled up merc. At least for NM Act2 might mercs.

That's interesting. In fact, trying it in SP I wasn't even getting the "merc
HP values are wrong on the hire screen" bug that some mentioned in that
thread. Confusion abounds.

>Although that means that tedious merc leveling sessions are obsolete
>now, I don't like this new feature. It takes a nuance out of the game
>that I loved for some strange reason. Yes, the merc leveling speed at
>low levels (below 25 that is) needed some adjustments, but the way it is
>implemented now certainly overshoots the mark.

I agree. But, a lot of the changes Blizzard makes are like that. Sometimes
it takes them a patch or two to find the happy medium, if they find it at all.
Still, I think in the mercenary regard, I'd rather have them level way too
fast than the old way.

--
"My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"

TRENDING THREADS