OfficeJet R40 color printing problem

Last response: in Computer Brands
a b α HP
October 23, 2004 10:06:54 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?)

My trusty old OfficeJet R40 printer worked beautifully in Windows ME.
Problem was I hated Windows ME so I had my Compaq 1200 laptop HD nuked
and Windows 2000 installed.

Have successfully installed the Windows 2000 drivers for the printer and
added the printer. The printer operates just fine in B&W. BUT, if I
send it a print job with any color on the page it prints only half the
page. The color does print but I only get the 1/2 page. I have tried
it with several different files and it is consistently mis-behaving.

Any ideas on what might be the problem? I have a new black and a new
color cartridge installed. Also, cleaned inside as directed in manuals.

Please, no flames! Thanks, Carol
Anonymous
a b α HP
October 24, 2004 12:49:50 AM

"Carol Anderheggen" <carolmaeray@cox.deletethis.net> wrote in message
> My trusty old OfficeJet R40 printer worked beautifully in Windows ME.
> Problem was I hated Windows ME so I had my Compaq 1200 laptop HD nuked
> and Windows 2000 installed.
>
> Have successfully installed the Windows 2000 drivers for the printer and
> added the printer. The printer operates just fine in B&W. BUT, if I
> send it a print job with any color on the page it prints only half the
> page. The color does print but I only get the 1/2 page. I have tried
> it with several different files and it is consistently mis-behaving.

What is the nature of the problem? Does it properly print 1/2 page then stop
printing with some error message, or does the printing appear to continue but
the last part of the page does not print?

Are you using the HP driver available from
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadInde...
or the built-in Windows driver? If the latter I would suggest uninstalling the
printer and installing the HP drivers.

Regards,