DFI: New Revision B LANParty Motherboards

Prof133

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2003
<A HREF="http://www.warp2search.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=15200" target="_new">Source</A>:
DFI, a worldwide leader in mainstream and performance desktop motherboard solutions, today launched its latest revisions to the unique LANParty line of motherboards – LANParty NFII Ultra B and LANParty PRO875B. The new LANParty NFII Ultra B for the AMD platform combines popular features from the previous version while incorporating many performance integrations making it a LAN gamer's dream motherboard. The new LANParty PRO875B for the Intel ® platform supports the latest Intel Pentium 4 3.20 GHz processor Extreme Edition and the CMOS Reloaded technology to deliver one unmatchable gaming platform.

Revision B General New Features:

- Dual Gigabit LAN and 10/100 Ethernet
- Extra space around the AGP slot
- Additional south bridge heat sink to maximize cooling
- Mounting holes around the CPU socket for water cooling
- Latest Silicon Image 4-channel Serial ATA

Binow

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2003
I'd like more info on this if possible. This board was one I was thinking about buying here soon. For a P4 2.6 800FSB HT. Would this be a decent board or is there something else just as good or better with similar or lower price tag? The system is going to be used for mostly gaming and net surfing.

Prof133

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2003
I'm also waiting for more user feedback and reviews for the new revision B 875 motherboard. I've gathered a small amount of user feedback by searching forums. Hopefully, motherboard reviewers will read this thread and write an in-depth review.

julianpaul

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2001
hmm, this might be rather late, or redundant, but i noticed that the b revision has '4' onboard SATA connectors. does that mean we can run a RAID 1+0 (or 0+1) array using only sata hdds ?

markgun

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2002
It uses the Silicon Image 3114 chip, which I believe supports RAID 0 (striping), RAID 1 (mirroring), and RAID 1+0 (mirrored striping).

<b>Qui habet aures audiendi audiat</b>

fariss

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2002
I presently use the unrevised board (LanParty Pro875B) w/ a 2.8c. It's a great board & overclocks well. The CMOS Reloaded & GenieBIOS are great features. I tried RAID 1.5 (mirrored & striping) & it worked well but I settled on RAID 0. The extras (FrontX, round cables et al) were worth the price.