Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

Hi All.....

Just got this XP computer 2 days ago and still setting things up. I found
the Quick Launch Toolbar, but for the and managed to pull one app down to
it, but can't get OE to stick. Is there a place in Windows Explorer to add
this? Pulling the icon down doesn't work. Locked or Unlocked.

Former WinME user and trying to get oriented with the innards of this O/S.

Cheers....Heather (aka Figgs)

Start the Help and Support Center and read the article entitled: To add a
program to the Quick Launch bar.

The Help and Support Center in Windows XP is a great improvement to the Help
function in ME. Enjoy XP.
--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"Heather" <figgs@invalid.nospam> wrote in message
> Hi All.....
>
> Just got this XP computer 2 days ago and still setting things up. I found
> the Quick Launch Toolbar, but for the and managed to pull one app down to
> it, but can't get OE to stick. Is there a place in Windows Explorer to
add
> this? Pulling the icon down doesn't work. Locked or Unlocked.
>
> Former WinME user and trying to get oriented with the innards of this O/S.
>
> Cheers....Heather (aka Figgs)

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

Thanks to you and Larry. Help and Support did the trick. You go to Windows
Explorer and open the OE folder, click on the icon and drag it down to the
Quick Launch Toolbar. Did that and am now a happy puppy, grin!!

Now....even I didn't understand what in heck I wrote (gremlins on here), but
notice that my post seemed to be double-spaced. Haven't touched the OE
defaults re line wrap, so better head over and get Majik or Steve to sort me
out.

Cheers.....Heather

> Start the Help and Support Center and read the article entitled: To add a
> program to the Quick Launch bar.
>
> The Help and Support Center in Windows XP is a great improvement to the
> Help
> function in ME. Enjoy XP.
> --
> Ted Zieglar
> "You can do it if you try."
>
> "Heather" <figgs@invalid.nospam> wrote in message
>> Hi All.....
>>
>> Just got this XP computer 2 days ago and still setting things up. I
>> found
>> the Quick Launch Toolbar, but for the and managed to pull one app down to
>> it, but can't get OE to stick. Is there a place in Windows Explorer to
> add
>> this? Pulling the icon down doesn't work. Locked or Unlocked.
>>
>> Former WinME user and trying to get oriented with the innards of this
>> O/S.
>>
>> Cheers....Heather (aka Figgs)

Heather, IF I understand your situation...
What I did, and I am new to XP myself, 1) I Unlocked the the toolbar as you
say you did.
Then on the item you want in Quick Start, Right click & drag it to the
quickstart taskbar.
Then you should be promted if you want to move the icon or crate a shortcut,
which is what I believe you want.
Then after you finish you can lock the toolbar again. But I think it will
also work locked.
The main thing is you right click then drag.

Someone sent me an article but I can't find it. No matter, this should work.

"Heather" <figgs@invalid.nospam> wrote in message
> Hi All.....
>
> Just got this XP computer 2 days ago and still setting things up. I found
> the Quick Launch Toolbar, but for the and managed to pull one app down to
> it, but can't get OE to stick. Is there a place in Windows Explorer to
> add this? Pulling the icon down doesn't work. Locked or Unlocked.
>
> Former WinME user and trying to get oriented with the innards of this O/S.
>
> Cheers....Heather (aka Figgs)

Aren't you glad we set up this newsgroup just for you, Figgs? <w>
--
~PAÞ

Heather wrote:
> Thanks to you and Larry. Help and Support did the trick. You go to
> Windows
> Explorer and open the OE folder, click on the icon and drag it down to the
> Quick Launch Toolbar. Did that and am now a happy puppy, grin!!
>
> Now....even I didn't understand what in heck I wrote (gremlins on here),
> but
> notice that my post seemed to be double-spaced. Haven't touched the OE
> defaults re line wrap, so better head over and get Majik or Steve to sort
> me
> out.
>
> Cheers.....Heather

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

LOL!! You are all over the place, Pa Bear. I had a look at the General one
and decided this was a better place. Besides, you seem to be holding your
own with that ditzbrain. (G)

Figgs

> Aren't you glad we set up this newsgroup just for you, Figgs? <w>
> --
> ~PAÞ
>
> Heather wrote:
>> Thanks to you and Larry. Help and Support did the trick. You go to
>> Windows
>> Explorer and open the OE folder, click on the icon and drag it down to
>> the
>> Quick Launch Toolbar. Did that and am now a happy puppy, grin!!
>>
>> Now....even I didn't understand what in heck I wrote (gremlins on here),
>> but
>> notice that my post seemed to be double-spaced. Haven't touched the OE
>> defaults re line wrap, so better head over and get Majik or Steve to sort
>> me
>> out.
>>
>> Cheers.....Heather

Like white on rice, baby!

Heather wrote:
> LOL!! You are all over the place, Pa Bear. I had a look at the General
> one
> and decided this was a better place. Besides, you seem to be holding your
> own with that ditzbrain. (G)
>
> Figgs

>> Aren't you glad we set up this newsgroup just for you, Figgs? <w>
>> --
>> ~PAÞ
>>
>> Heather wrote:
>>> Thanks to you and Larry. Help and Support did the trick. You go to
>>> Windows
>>> Explorer and open the OE folder, click on the icon and drag it down to
>>> the
>>> Quick Launch Toolbar. Did that and am now a happy puppy, grin!!
>>>
>>> Now....even I didn't understand what in heck I wrote (gremlins on here),
>>> but
>>> notice that my post seemed to be double-spaced. Haven't touched the OE
>>> defaults re line wrap, so better head over and get Majik or Steve to
>>> sort
>>> me