Hello
I'm having a problem I hope someone will be able to help me with.
When I click on any AND all desktop shortcuts, it directs me to the printing
preparation, this happens no matter what I do .. even if I clean the shortcut
by sending another to the desktop.

To my knowledge, I haven't changed any settings or program alterations that
I could think of.
Can someone offer suggestions and solutions ???

--
Thanks for any help ----
25or6to4

I didn't mention in the original, but I have uninstalled and reinstalled the
printer software/hardware and the problem still there ...
--
Thanks for any help ----
25or6to4

"25or6to4" wrote:

> Hello
> I'm having a problem I hope someone will be able to help me with.
> When I click on any AND all desktop shortcuts, it directs me to the printing
> preparation, this happens no matter what I do .. even if I clean the shortcut
> by sending another to the desktop.
>
> To my knowledge, I haven't changed any settings or program alterations that
> I could think of.
> Can someone offer suggestions and solutions ???
>
> --
> Thanks for any help ----
> 25or6to4

Hi,

www.dougknox.com, click on WinXP Fixes, then on File Association Fixes.
Download and run the .lnk (shortcut) fix.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"25or6to4" <25or6to4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello
> I'm having a problem I hope someone will be able to help me with.
> When I click on any AND all desktop shortcuts, it directs me to the
> printing
> preparation, this happens no matter what I do .. even if I clean the
> shortcut
> by sending another to the desktop.
>
> To my knowledge, I haven't changed any settings or program alterations
> that
> I could think of.
> Can someone offer suggestions and solutions ???
>
> --
> Thanks for any help ----
> 25or6to4

Hey Doug

I tried the procedures from the site, but I am still having each desktop
shortcut lead me to the ready to print page.
As mentioned, I've tried uninstall/reinstall the printer, and even tried
with no printer feature trial.
I'm totally befuddled with this.
--
Thanks for any help ----
25or6to4

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> www.dougknox.com, click on WinXP Fixes, then on File Association Fixes.
> Download and run the .lnk (shortcut) fix.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "25or6to4" <25or6to4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello
> > I'm having a problem I hope someone will be able to help me with.
> > When I click on any AND all desktop shortcuts, it directs me to the
> > printing
> > preparation, this happens no matter what I do .. even if I clean the
> > shortcut
> > by sending another to the desktop.
> >
> > To my knowledge, I haven't changed any settings or program alterations
> > that
> > I could think of.
> > Can someone offer suggestions and solutions ???
> >
> > --
> > Thanks for any help ----
> > 25or6to4

I apoligize ... I called you "Doug" rather than Rick .... guess I had Doug as
in "dougknox"
--
Thanks for any help ----
25or6to4

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> www.dougknox.com, click on WinXP Fixes, then on File Association Fixes.
> Download and run the .lnk (shortcut) fix.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "25or6to4" <25or6to4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello
> > I'm having a problem I hope someone will be able to help me with.
> > When I click on any AND all desktop shortcuts, it directs me to the
> > printing
> > preparation, this happens no matter what I do .. even if I clean the
> > shortcut
> > by sending another to the desktop.
> >
> > To my knowledge, I haven't changed any settings or program alterations
> > that
> > I could think of.
> > Can someone offer suggestions and solutions ???
> >
> > --
> > Thanks for any help ----
> > 25or6to4

Rick....
You're on to something here !!!!!

Some of the shortcuts are "OPEN" and some are "PRINT"
Now, if we can figure out why there are various shortcuts with the print.
I have gone to some of the PRINT shortcuts, deleted them, gone to the
website and "created a new shortcut" to the desktop, but it comes back as
PRINT.
I can't figure out why some are taking the pathway to a print command.

---Thanks for any help ----
25or6to4

"25or6to4" wrote:

> I apoligize ... I called you "Doug" rather than Rick .... guess I had Doug as
> in "dougknox"
> --
> Thanks for any help ----
> 25or6to4
>

> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > www.dougknox.com, click on WinXP Fixes, then on File Association Fixes.
> > Download and run the .lnk (shortcut) fix.
> >
> > --
> > Best of Luck,

> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> > Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
> > www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> >
> > "25or6to4" <25or6to4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hello
> > > I'm having a problem I hope someone will be able to help me with.
> > > When I click on any AND all desktop shortcuts, it directs me to the
> > > printing
> > > preparation, this happens no matter what I do .. even if I clean the
> > > shortcut
> > > by sending another to the desktop.
> > >
> > > To my knowledge, I haven't changed any settings or program alterations
> > > that
> > > I could think of.
> > > Can someone offer suggestions and solutions ???
> > >
> > > --
> > > Thanks for any help ----
> > > 25or6to4

Hi,

Right click the shortcut, which entry on the context menu is in bold print?

--

> Hey Doug
>
> I tried the procedures from the site, but I am still having each desktop
> shortcut lead me to the ready to print page.
> As mentioned, I've tried uninstall/reinstall the printer, and even tried
> with no printer feature trial.
> I'm totally befuddled with this.
> --
> Thanks for any help ----
> 25or6to4
>

> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> www.dougknox.com, click on WinXP Fixes, then on File Association Fixes.
>> Download and run the .lnk (shortcut) fix.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "25or6to4" <25or6to4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello
>> > I'm having a problem I hope someone will be able to help me with.
>> > When I click on any AND all desktop shortcuts, it directs me to the
>> > printing
>> > preparation, this happens no matter what I do .. even if I clean the
>> > shortcut
>> > by sending another to the desktop.
>> >
>> > To my knowledge, I haven't changed any settings or program alterations
>> > that
>> > I could think of.
>> > Can someone offer suggestions and solutions ???
>> >
>> > --
>> > Thanks for any help ----
>> > 25or6to4

Hi,

Go to the Control Panel/Folder Options/File types tab, click on "Internet
Shortcut", then on advanced. Click on "open" in the action box, then click
"set default". Apply/ok your way out.