V60s Sound Issue

Jim

Just got a VZW V60s . Speakerphone is excellent. Have an issue when
using the phone normally (speakerphone off): Incoming sound quality
is great but there is a slight background hiss which stops when the
person stops talking. Also, if I talk while the other person is
talking, I hear slight sound "blips" or slight static noise, almost
like a walkie talkie or a 1/2 duplex speakerphone (perfect sound when
only 1 person speaks at a time). This replaced a 7868w. Anyone have
a similar issue? Thanks.

In article <mg1hf0pooubftvpctrsfmnnrp6sv65vhl8@4ax.com>,
Jim <j@none.no> wrote:

> Just got a VZW V60s . Speakerphone is excellent. Have an issue when
> using the phone normally (speakerphone off): Incoming sound quality
> is great but there is a slight background hiss which stops when the
> person stops talking. Also, if I talk while the other person is
> talking, I hear slight sound "blips" or slight static noise, almost
> like a walkie talkie or a 1/2 duplex speakerphone (perfect sound when
> only 1 person speaks at a time). This replaced a 7868w. Anyone have
> a similar issue? Thanks.

It's the phone... Kind of sounds like you're talking on a speakerphone,
doesn't it? :)

Yeah, my 3 v60's did the same thing. I ended up getting rid of them,
albeit for a different reason.

The sound quality wasn't as good as my v60i, and nowhere near as good as
the 3 Samsung a530's I'm using now.

Fred

--
"Light moves faster than sound. That's why some
folks appear bright until you hear them speak..."

Jim

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 03:53:24 -0400, FPP <fredp@mail.com> wrote:

>In article <mg1hf0pooubftvpctrsfmnnrp6sv65vhl8@4ax.com>,
> Jim <j@none.no> wrote:
>
>> Just got a VZW V60s . Speakerphone is excellent. Have an issue when
>> using the phone normally (speakerphone off): Incoming sound quality
>> is great but there is a slight background hiss which stops when the
>> person stops talking. Also, if I talk while the other person is
>> talking, I hear slight sound "blips" or slight static noise, almost
>> like a walkie talkie or a 1/2 duplex speakerphone (perfect sound when
>> only 1 person speaks at a time). This replaced a 7868w. Anyone have
>> a similar issue? Thanks.
>
>It's the phone... Kind of sounds like you're talking on a speakerphone,
>doesn't it? :)
>
>Yeah, my 3 v60's did the same thing. I ended up getting rid of them,
>albeit for a different reason.
>
>The sound quality wasn't as good as my v60i, and nowhere near as good as
>the 3 Samsung a530's I'm using now.
>
>Fred

Thanks for the info ... you saved me from trying another V60s
(thinking mine was defective). Never used a cell phone that sounded
like a speakerphone. Looked at the SCH-A650 - tri-mode but didn't
like the shorter flip ... so went back to the Startac 7868w ... will
have to look at the new Motos when they arrive.

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 14:39:55 GMT, Jim <j@none.no> wrote:

>Thanks for the info ... you saved me from trying another V60s
>(thinking mine was defective). Never used a cell phone that sounded
>like a speakerphone. Looked at the SCH-A650 - tri-mode but didn't
>like the shorter flip ... so went back to the Startac 7868w ... will
>have to look at the new Motos when they arrive.

Strange. My v60s sounds pretty good. I wonder if its a firmware issue?

Dave

In article <furof0h7dkcl3ae2ej1ubpmlh674rlvqnq@4ax.com>,
Diamond Dave <dmine45.NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 14:39:55 GMT, Jim <j@none.no> wrote:
>

> >Thanks for the info ... you saved me from trying another V60s
> >(thinking mine was defective). Never used a cell phone that sounded
> >like a speakerphone. Looked at the SCH-A650 - tri-mode but didn't
> >like the shorter flip ... so went back to the Startac 7868w ... will
> >have to look at the new Motos when they arrive.
>
> Strange. My v60s sounds pretty good. I wonder if its a firmware issue?
>
> Dave

I had the problem both before and after I upgraded the firmware. Ditto
with the "no ringer" issue that eventually caused me to change to the
Samsung.

Fred

--
"Light moves faster than sound. That's why some
folks appear bright until you hear them speak..."

Jim

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 03:53:24 -0400, FPP <fredp@mail.com> wrote:

>In article <mg1hf0pooubftvpctrsfmnnrp6sv65vhl8@4ax.com>,
> Jim <j@none.no> wrote:
>
>> Just got a VZW V60s . Speakerphone is excellent. Have an issue when
>> using the phone normally (speakerphone off): Incoming sound quality
>> is great but there is a slight background hiss which stops when the
>> person stops talking. Also, if I talk while the other person is
>> talking, I hear slight sound "blips" or slight static noise, almost
>> like a walkie talkie or a 1/2 duplex speakerphone (perfect sound when
>> only 1 person speaks at a time). This replaced a 7868w. Anyone have
>> a similar issue? Thanks.
>
>It's the phone... Kind of sounds like you're talking on a speakerphone,
>doesn't it? :)
>
>Yeah, my 3 v60's did the same thing. I ended up getting rid of them,
>albeit for a different reason.
>
>The sound quality wasn't as good as my v60i, and nowhere near as good as
>the 3 Samsung a530's I'm using now.
>
>Fred

Did the V60i act the same way (sound like a speakerphone) as the V60s?
Thanks!

In article <37e7g0pe9roqjbofsvf84jr4subgdqqmt2@4ax.com>,
Jim <j@none.no> wrote:

> Did the V60i act the same way (sound like a speakerphone) as the V60s?
> Thanks!

Nope... never had a problem with the v60i. (If I had, I wouldn't have
even considered the v60s as a replacement.)

I had good reception, good voice quality with the v60i. (Battery life
wasn't great, but it was much better than the v60s.)

I love the SAMSUNG, but I *do* miss the Motorolas...

Fred

--

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 14:05:11 -0400, FPP <fredp@mail.com> wrote:

>In article <37e7g0pe9roqjbofsvf84jr4subgdqqmt2@4ax.com>,
> Jim <j@none.no> wrote:
>
>> Did the V60i act the same way (sound like a speakerphone) as the V60s?
>> Thanks!
>
>Nope... never had a problem with the v60i. (If I had, I wouldn't have
>even considered the v60s as a replacement.)
>
>I had good reception, good voice quality with the v60i. (Battery life
>wasn't great, but it was much better than the v60s.)
>
>I love the SAMSUNG, but I *do* miss the Motorolas...
>
>Fred

Thank you!