Closed Solved

MW2 Dedicated Servers

Has anyone heard any news or rumors regarding dedicated servers for mw2? I remember when the game first came out there was talk but I havent heard anything since. I just edited my mp config so I can accuratly guesstimate my ping in games and its rarely under 140ms.....thats bad I cant deal with it much longer.
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about dedicated servers
  1. Last I heard (mid to late October), there wasn't going to be any support for dedicated servers for MW2 for PC.

Not sure if anything has changed since then.
  2. Best answer
    Wont be any dedicated servers, infinity ward want to control the MP side so they can make money with DLC
  3. That means that in South Africa we "can" play...but only at ridiculous latencies, and I can guarantee Infinity ward that most gamers in S A would only buy it for the M player.
  4. Why cant you live with 140Ms ping its not that little?????
  5. mopkop said:
    Why cant you live with 140Ms ping its not that little?????

Because it is not just laggy, its unplayable more than the time, when you spend a half hour trying to find a playable match because most of the ones you try to join either, A:lag out and die, B:are so laggy you cant play, or C: are FILLED with unkickable hackers. besides, it kinda randomly chooses the host, and most people dont have good connections. its a broken system.
  6. Quote:
    Because it is not just laggy, its unplayable more than the time, when you spend a half hour trying to find a playable match because most of the ones you try to join either, A:lag out and die, B:are so laggy you cant play, or C: are FILLED with unkickable hackers. besides, it kinda randomly chooses the host, and most people dont have good connections. its a broken system.

I agree entirely with A,B, & C. This angered my to no end after 2 months when the frequency of these items increased about 10 fold. I solved my problem by these steps.

A. Uninstall MW2
    B. Install Bad Company 2
    C. Enjoy dedicated servers, low pings, and VERY few hackers that normally get banned if the server has a good admin.
  7. Best answer selected by drums101.
  8. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Games Configuration Servers Video Games