Ok:
No new updates available for Adobe.

Diabled Office Plug-in for Norton AV.

This morning, same thing happens.

Hanging application WINWORD.EXE, version 9.0.0.8216, hang module
hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Through trial and error I have found that if, before trying to conver
the document, I open Adobe distiller it will open and hang for a few
minutes, then re-stabalize (watching through task manager). Once it
re-stabalizes I seem to be able to convert the word document most of
the time...
I think my wife added some fonts, and I'm theorizing Distiller is
out?
Is this possible?

--
imcivilized

Okay, what's your Adobe version?
It's likely the font addition causing this.