Viewing photos

I used to have Windows 2000 and I was able to view more than one photo at a
time on my desktop. I was able to place photos side by side or on top of each
other. I could also move the photos all around the desktop. I used this
feature after scanning my photos to the desktop, editing them, then deciding
which edit I liked best.

I am a first time XP user and I am now only able to view one photo at a
time. The photos open in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. It won't allow me to
open 2 photos at the same time on my desktop.

I don't recall the name of the application that opened photos in Windows
2000 but apparantly XP does not have that application. How can I get 2 or
more photos to display on my desktop at the same time?

Malke

Margie wrote:

> I used to have Windows 2000 and I was able to view more than one photo
> at a time on my desktop. I was able to place photos side by side or on
> top of each other. I could also move the photos all around the
> desktop. I used this feature after scanning my photos to the desktop,
> editing them, then deciding which edit I liked best.
>
> I am a first time XP user and I am now only able to view one photo at
> a time. The photos open in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. It won't
> allow me to open 2 photos at the same time on my desktop.
>
> I don't recall the name of the application that opened photos in
> Windows 2000 but apparantly XP does not have that application. How can
> I get 2 or more photos to display on my desktop at the same time?

You must have had a third-party program that did this, perhaps a program
that came with your scanner.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Any idea how to fix it?

"Malke" wrote:

> Margie wrote:
>
> > I used to have Windows 2000 and I was able to view more than one photo
> > at a time on my desktop. I was able to place photos side by side or on
> > top of each other. I could also move the photos all around the
> > desktop. I used this feature after scanning my photos to the desktop,
> > editing them, then deciding which edit I liked best.
> >
> > I am a first time XP user and I am now only able to view one photo at
> > a time. The photos open in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. It won't
> > allow me to open 2 photos at the same time on my desktop.
> >
> > I don't recall the name of the application that opened photos in
> > Windows 2000 but apparantly XP does not have that application. How can
> > I get 2 or more photos to display on my desktop at the same time?
>
> You must have had a third-party program that did this, perhaps a program
> that came with your scanner.
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Malke

Margie wrote:

> Any idea how to fix it?
>
> "Malke" wrote:
>
>> Margie wrote:
>>
>> > I used to have Windows 2000 and I was able to view more than one
>> > photo at a time on my desktop. I was able to place photos side by
>> > side or on top of each other. I could also move the photos all
>> > around the desktop. I used this feature after scanning my photos to
>> > the desktop, editing them, then deciding which edit I liked best.
>> >
>> > I am a first time XP user and I am now only able to view one photo
>> > at a time. The photos open in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. It
>> > won't allow me to open 2 photos at the same time on my desktop.
>> >
>> > I don't recall the name of the application that opened photos in
>> > Windows 2000 but apparantly XP does not have that application. How
>> > can I get 2 or more photos to display on my desktop at the same
>> > time?
>>
>> You must have had a third-party program that did this, perhaps a
>> program that came with your scanner.

Find a program that will do what you want? There's no "fixing" involved.
It was tricky trying to figure out what would be good words for a
Google search. I finally used "desktop multiple images as wallpaper"
and came up with this link:

http://www.download.com/Wallpaper-Montage/3000-2336_4-10351763.html

Now, I have no idea if this program is good or safe or anything about
it, so Your Mileage May Vary (YMMV). Otherwise, experiment with
different Google searches, varying your search terms. You might look
through your stuff and see what software came with your scanner. If you
are still using the scanner, maybe the scanner mftr.'s website will
have your software available for download. You're going to have to
research this.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Margie,
What I do is to bring the photos into Microsoft Word. Double click the
photo and then select PUT BEHIND. You will then be able to size the
photo and put it anywhere on the page. You can put any amount of
photos into the Word file and move them as well as print them from
word. Works best with .jpg photos.
TonySper