Need help with mobo power connectors

Patchworkblue

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2003
Hi all -
I put together a system yesterday, and it has been a while since I've done so. I got the system to post (haven't installed hard drives yet), and it appeared to work all right, and when I opened the case so my friends could get a look inside, one of them pointed out that there seemed to be an extra power connector on the mobo that I had not hooked up. Do I need to?
DFI Lanparty NFII Ultra Rev A+
Barton 2500 (currently at 1.9 GHz)
TT Volcano 11 Xaser w/manual speed control
Fortron Source 400W PSU
GeForce3 TI 64MB
Corsair XMS DDR 400 [currently at 200MHz(x2) and CAS 2]
Lite-On DVD-ROM

Do I need to hook up the extra connector? Or if I don't need to, should I? Thanks all, for your help.

BTW: The reason I ask is that I thought only P4s needed the extra power, but like I said, I've been out of the loop for a bit.

Women--can't live with them, can't have heterosexual same-species intercourse without them.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by patchworkblue on 11/06/03 12:54 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It's been added to help stabilize the VRM under high load, I'd use it if you can.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>