Solved

4870 vs Nvidia GTX260

Hi i was chatting to a friend of mine about Dirt 2 and what settings he can run it at,he said everything maxed out,he is running the GTX260 and i am running 2 4870`s in Crossfire. On paper one of my cards should beat the 260 but even 2 does not,i can have some setting on ultra but the rest will not go above high,could someone please explain how that is,surley it should be the other way around. :??: :??:
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 4870 nvidia gtx260
  1. Have you applied the ATI Hotfix Driver/Patch ?

http://www.dirt-2.com/showthread.php?t=66

Hope that solves it for you.

Dave
  2. Yes i have installed the hotfix,the game runs ok with crossfire but i just cannot get the others settings to change from high to ultra where as my friend can with his single 260,but many thanks for your reply.
  3. Best answer
    Is it a dual or quad cpu that you are using ?

This "may" be the lmit as the game is optimised for quad cpu.

Dave
  4. i am using a AMD Phenom 9950X4 BE 2.6Ghz clocked to 3Ghz with 8Gb of OCZ Ram and my two 4870`s in CF with a 1000watt cpu,so i think it should play the game all maxed out but it does not lol,maybe thats just what i will have to put up with but it just does not make sense to me. Its running at 1920x1200 so i thought i would reduce the resolution,i get a little more frame rate but it does not run as well,but its not fps thats niggling me lol.
  5. ati 4870 all the waaaaaaayyyyy
  6. y to install the lastest driver, i fix the problems with that, but i am using single card, all setting UH
  7. Best answer selected by andy_93.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Crossfire Nvidia Video Games