Getting a "connection interrupt" all the time... Since 1.11

Last response: in Video Games
August 6, 2005 6:38:52 PM

Hiho,

hope someone here remembers me (SvH? short?) - was posting under my real
name (Ingo Jankowski) a few years back. Hi everybody!

I recently installed D2 on my new computer and made a new account; had
my first Zon at 74 (playing purist and solo on battle.not, that took
awhile) and now that 1.11 is here I always get a connection interrupt
after 10-20 seconds in the game. Every time.

Has anyone ever experienced something like this? Do I have to open my
firewall now to allow D2 spyware to connect or something? Or is this
some kind of cheater checker gone mad on me (people who know me might
remember my stance on cheats)?

I'm a bit sad, as I feel shunned from b.not.

Any idea, anyone?

TIA,

Ingo.
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 6:38:53 PM

Your firewall might be giving D2 the heave-ho 'cause the .exe's
changed, although mine just asks if I want to let it access the Net.
*shrugs*
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 11:37:49 PM

Schnitzelzauber wrote:
> I recently installed D2 on my new computer and made a new account; had
> my first Zon at 74 (playing purist and solo on battle.not, that took
> awhile) and now that 1.11 is here I always get a connection interrupt
> after 10-20 seconds in the game. Every time.
>
> Has anyone ever experienced something like this?

You could search through this forum here, a lot of people seem to have some
kind of trouble since the patch:
http://forum2.ingame.de/diablo2/forumdisplay.php?s=&for...

> Do I have to open my firewall now to allow D2 spyware to connect
> or something?

Is it a software firewall on your PC, or is it something integrated into
your router?

> Or is this some kind of cheater checker gone mad on me
> (people who know me might remember my stance on cheats)?

As I don't remember your stance on cheats, what is it?
August 7, 2005 3:34:46 AM

Gundemarie Scholz wrote:
> Schnitzelzauber wrote:
> > I recently installed D2 on my new computer and made a new account;
> > had my first Zon at 74 (playing purist and solo on battle.not, that
> > took awhile) and now that 1.11 is here I always get a connection
> > interrupt after 10-20 seconds in the game. Every time.
> >
> > Has anyone ever experienced something like this?
>
> You could search through this forum here, a lot of people seem to
> have some kind of trouble since the patch:
> http://forum2.ingame.de/diablo2/forumdisplay.php?s=&for...
>
> > Do I have to open my firewall now to allow D2 spyware to connect
> > or something?
>
> Is it a software firewall on your PC, or is it something integrated
> into your router?

It seems this problem is known to Blizzard:
http://www.battle.net/forums/thread.aspx?fn=opensupport...
(Beware, this should be one line).
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 9:56:58 AM

>I recently installed D2 on my new computer and made a new account; had
>my first Zon at 74 (playing purist and solo on battle.not, that took
>awhile) and now that 1.11 is here I always get a connection interrupt
>after 10-20 seconds in the game. Every time.
>
>Has anyone ever experienced something like this? Do I have to open my
>firewall now to allow D2 spyware to connect or something? Or is this
>some kind of cheater checker gone mad on me (people who know me might
>remember my stance on cheats)?

The first time I used the 1.11 patch I was getting connection
interrupted often (30-60 seconds)

I deleted my bncache.dat file and the problem hasn't returned.
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 1:27:59 PM

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, Schnitzelzauber <janko103@yahoo.de>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>Hiho,
>
>hope someone here remembers me (SvH? short?) - was posting under my real
>name (Ingo Jankowski) a few years back. Hi everybody!

I remember! Hi!

--
"My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"
Anonymous

Tanivan wrote:
>>I recently installed D2 on my new computer and made a new account; had
>>my first Zon at 74 (playing purist and solo on battle.not, that took
>>awhile) and now that 1.11 is here I always get a connection interrupt
>>after 10-20 seconds in the game. Every time.
>>
>>Has anyone ever experienced something like this? Do I have to open my
>>firewall now to allow D2 spyware to connect or something? Or is this
>>some kind of cheater checker gone mad on me (people who know me might
>>remember my stance on cheats)?
>

> The first time I used the 1.11 patch I was getting connection
> interrupted often (30-60 seconds)
>
> I deleted my bncache.dat file and the problem hasn't returned.

Looks like this did the trick. Thanks alot Tanivan!
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 4:30:51 PM

Gundemarie Scholz wrote:
> Gundemarie Scholz wrote:
>
>>Is it a software firewall on your PC, or is it something integrated
>>into your router?

Nvidia firewall on my Nforce4 board.

> It seems this problem is known to Blizzard:
> http://www.battle.net/forums/thread.aspx?fn=opensupport...
> (Beware, this should be one line).

Thanks, in the meantime I found this one also. Turns out that Tanivan's
hint did the trick though (remove bncache.dat).

Still thanks for helping.
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 4:32:33 PM

Gundemarie Scholz wrote:
> Schnitzelzauber wrote:
>
>>Or is this some kind of cheater checker gone mad on me
>>(people who know me might remember my stance on cheats)?
>

> As I don't remember your stance on cheats, what is it?

I was fiercely anti-maphack and the like. These things annoyed me into
playing solo all the time.
!