Removing "Verizon Wireless" banner from VX4500

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 18:30:52 GMT, "C C" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote:
>If you are interested in removing the "Verizon Wireless"
>banner from your VX4500, go to
>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LGVX4500/message/1350

"Sign in with your ID and password to continue"

Well that's worthless.

not if you took the time to register... all of 1 minute then it lets you get
into the 4500 forum

"Brian S." <deadhead73@comcast.net> wrote in message
> not if you took the time to register... all of 1 minute then it lets
you get
> into the 4500 forum

No even with a Yahoo Account; you are still asked to join the forum.
It is listed as members only.
I cannot gripe however since due to all the kooks and spammers and the
like I normally make my forums there as members only as well. Was not
that interested to join however.

Elector

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 16:53:02 -0400, "Brian S." <deadhead73@comcast.net>
wrote:
>not if you took the time to register... all of 1 minute then it lets you get
>into the 4500 forum

Yeah, so I can get more spam from Yahoo. See "Yahoo fined for marketing
to the 'opted out'": http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/33838

Bob Scheurle wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 16:53:02 -0400, "Brian S." <deadhead73@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>>not if you took the time to register... all of 1 minute then it lets you get
>>into the 4500 forum
>

> Yeah, so I can get more spam from Yahoo. See "Yahoo fined for marketing
> to the 'opted out'": http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/33838

Bob,

It's your decision whether you want to use the Yahoo forum or not. I
can tell you it is a very rich resource of info on the 4500, but maybe
you don't need that. I follow this newsgroup and HoFo regularly, and I
have found the Yahoo group has more info specifically for the 4500 than
others.

Your comment about spam from Yahoo is puzzling. If you register with a
free Yahoo account (which takes about a minute to set up and does not
require any verified personal information), then any spam you might
receive would go only to the Yahoo mail account (which has very
effective spam filtering). Why would you care about spam going to an
account that you would need to check? What's your point?

Oh well. To each his own. Someone offered you help, and you not only
chose not to accept it but decided for some reason to react sarcastically.

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Elector" Totally unrelated topic but I know that elector uses or used
hotbanners. Jalapeno are no longer, and, alas, my version of hot
banners went out with the old PC. Still run win98 (call me old
fashioned). But where can I get HotBanners as it is a program perfect
for what I do?

Regatds

Nick Lindsley

nalindsley AT yahoo DOT com

No Reply <noreply@nospam.invalid> wrote in message news:<B3wKc.55615$Kz3.5509193@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>...
> Bob Scheurle wrote:
> > On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 16:53:02 -0400, "Brian S." <deadhead73@comcast.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>not if you took the time to register... all of 1 minute then it lets you get
> >>into the 4500 forum

Oh just give the poor guys his answer, geeze..

Download ERI.BIN from the phone and edit it with a hex editor. You
can't change the length of the string, pad with spaces if necessary.
Now, if you need to know how to get this off the phone, thats another
thread.