My first experience with creating an iPhone game

Razorleaf

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
It has been quite an exciting week for my brother and myself. After 6 months of grueling work and testing, we finally launched our first iPhone application!

Here is a video of the game - let us know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ROQHMjdtMk

We are frequent browsers of this site and wanted to share some of our experiences developing for the iPhone/iPod touch. First off, while the device itself works exceedingly well (the touch interface is extremely precise, allowing for even very small in-game objects and the like to be selected, tossed around, etc with ease!), programming for the device is certainly a pain! I'm sure most of you are familiar with the numerous restrictions and the chokehold that Apple has on it developers, but I feel this should be reiterated in case anyone else is curious about the iPhone platform.

I'm certainly not saying not to develop on the iPhone, but it would be really interesting to see how creating applications for other mobile platforms would be (especially Android with the additions of the Driod and Nexus One!)

Anyone care to share experiences? Should we stick with the iPhone for future projects or try something else?

We are two college students with a passion and dream of creating games and hope this will be a good start for us. Any advice or feedback, either about mobile platforms or our first game, would be much appreciated!