how to upgrade to USB 2.0

I have XP pro and running SP2 but I can’t see any ports labeled USB2 in
Device manager. I remember something else I had to do to get USB2.0 but
it escapes me now. Like to get it running, I am doing VHS tape
conversions through the USB port using ADS instant DVD. Thanks for any help!
2 answers Last reply
More about upgrade

    How to Check for High Speed USB (USB 2.0) Support.
    The Keyword is Enhanced.

    Open the Device Manager...
    Start | Run | Type: devmgmt.msc | Click OK |
    Click on [+] Universal Serial Bus controllers |

    If your Device Manager shows an ENHANCED USB Host Controller, the system has
    High Speed USB (USB 2.0) capability.

    The key word is ENHANCED. If you have an ENHANCED USB Host Controller then
    you have High Speed USB (USB 2.0)

    All other types are USB v.1.1

    How to Check for High Speed USB (USB 2.0) Support
    http://www.usbman.com/Guides/checking_for_usb_2.htm

    The difference between v.1.0 and v.1.1 is explained here...

    USB Hardware 1.0 vs 1.1 Host Controller Issue Explained
    http://www.usbman.com/Guides/USB_version1.0_version1.1.htm

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:OoK4PxEvFHA.904@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    user@domain.invalid <user@domain.invalid> hunted and pecked:
    > I have XP pro and running SP2 but I can’t see any ports labeled USB2 in
    > Device manager. I remember something else I had to do to get USB2.0 but
    > it escapes me now. Like to get it running, I am doing VHS tape
    > conversions through the USB port using ADS instant DVD. Thanks for any
    > help!

    Also, you may check your motheroard's users manual to see if it
    supports USB 2.0. If you have a driver disk for the motherboard, you
    may be in luck. Good luck!

    Matt
    http://www.designetc.net
    Web Design & Hosting