user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

I have XP pro and running SP2 but I can’t see any ports labeled USB2 in
Device manager. I remember something else I had to do to get USB2.0 but
it escapes me now. Like to get it running, I am doing VHS tape
conversions through the USB port using ADS instant DVD. Thanks for any help!

How to Check for High Speed USB (USB 2.0) Support.
The Keyword is Enhanced.

Open the Device Manager...
Start | Run | Type: devmgmt.msc | Click OK |
Click on [+] Universal Serial Bus controllers |

If your Device Manager shows an ENHANCED USB Host Controller, the system has
High Speed USB (USB 2.0) capability.

The key word is ENHANCED. If you have an ENHANCED USB Host Controller then
you have High Speed USB (USB 2.0)

All other types are USB v.1.1

How to Check for High Speed USB (USB 2.0) Support
http://www.usbman.com/Guides/checking_for_usb_2.htm

The difference between v.1.0 and v.1.1 is explained here...

USB Hardware 1.0 vs 1.1 Host Controller Issue Explained
http://www.usbman.com/Guides/USB_version1.0_version1.1.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:OoK4PxEvFHA.904@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
user@domain.invalid <user@domain.invalid> hunted and pecked:
> I have XP pro and running SP2 but I can’t see any ports labeled USB2 in
> Device manager. I remember something else I had to do to get USB2.0 but
> it escapes me now. Like to get it running, I am doing VHS tape
> conversions through the USB port using ADS instant DVD. Thanks for any
> help!

Also, you may check your motheroard's users manual to see if it
supports USB 2.0. If you have a driver disk for the motherboard, you
may be in luck. Good luck!

Matt
http://www.designetc.net
Web Design & Hosting