Restore User account profile/copy user profile

September 19, 2005 5:34:51 PM

My machine has name JS.
I had a user account, say, John Smith.
However, for some reason, I have done something wrong and reboot the
machine, that user account had gone, only Administrator is left. Then I
created an account with the same name: John Smith.

I noted under the Documents and Settings, there are 2 John Smith, they are:
1)John Smith and
2)John Smith.JS

I think the first one is the original one because the date modified was a
couple of months ago.
The second one is the one that I just created.
Can I recover my original one ?
September 19, 2005 5:34:52 PM

In news:%23W67VsMvFHA.3236@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
Man Utd <alanpltseNOSPAM@sometrix.com.au> had this to say:

> My machine has name JS.
> I had a user account, say, John Smith.
> However, for some reason, I have done something wrong and reboot the
> machine, that user account had gone, only Administrator is left. Then
> I created an account with the same name: John Smith.
>
> I noted under the Documents and Settings, there are 2 John Smith,
> they are: 1)John Smith and
> 2)John Smith.JS
>
> I think the first one is the original one because the date modified
> was a couple of months ago.
> The second one is the one that I just created.
> Can I recover my original one ?

Yup... In fact you're most of the way there. All it is from here on out is
copy/paste (or cut/paste) and maybe taking ownership. Beyond that you should
be okay. One more thing, I'd recommend copy/paste and then let it sit for a
few days before deleting the old data.

Corrupted Profile: Windows XP :
http://kgiii.info/windows/XP/general/corruptprofile.htm...

Galen