Windows XP Professional

Is there a difference between Windows XP and Windows XP Professional

In news:93BE4372-C400-4E8E-946A-A6B7FD4F4E7B@microsoft.com,
deneise <deneise@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> Is there a difference between Windows XP and Windows XP
> Professional

There's no product named simply "Windows XP." Windows XP is a
family of products consisting of

Windows XP Professional Edition
Windows XP Home Edition
Windows XP Tablet Edition
Windows XP Media Center Edition
Windows XP 64-bit Edition

There are (obviously) differences between all the products in the
family.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Gordon

"deneise" <deneise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a difference between Windows XP and Windows XP Professional

There are differences between Windows XP /Home/ and Windows XP Professional,
if that's what you mean.

Gordon

> In news:93BE4372-C400-4E8E-946A-A6B7FD4F4E7B@microsoft.com,
> deneise <deneise@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>
>> Is there a difference between Windows XP and Windows XP
>> Professional
>

> There's no product named simply "Windows XP."

It's possible the OP is getting confused between a machine with Pro SP1 on
it (which says "Windows XP Professional" at the start-up splash screen) and
XP Pro SP2 which just says "Windows XP" at the same screen!

"deneise" <deneise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a difference between Windows XP and Windows XP Professional

If you mean between Home and Professional then
see
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/howtobuy/choosing2.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/choosing2.mspx

for more information see
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/default.mspx

--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

In news:uE%23o2qbvFHA.2568@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Gordon <gordon@gbpcomputing.co.uk.invalid> typed:

>> In news:93BE4372-C400-4E8E-946A-A6B7FD4F4E7B@microsoft.com,
>> deneise <deneise@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>>
>>> Is there a difference between Windows XP and Windows XP
>>> Professional
>>

>> There's no product named simply "Windows XP."
>
> It's possible the OP is getting confused between a machine with
> Pro
> SP1 on it

....or no service pack at all.

> (which says "Windows XP Professional" at the start-up
> splash screen) and XP Pro SP2

....or XP Home SP2

> which just says "Windows XP" at the
> same screen!