Sign in with
Your question

Ticket System Software

Last response: in Business Computing
February 22, 2011 2:43:49 PM

So the company i work for is looking for new software for creating trouble tickets. We have used Peregrine in the past (Service Center) and it worked pretty well. Any Suggestions? Basically we get calls/emails and ticket to 1 of about 200 groups based on your selection in 4 category levels.

Looking for something simple that would work well on a AIX Server. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated : ) !

More about : ticket system software

March 23, 2011 1:37:15 AM

spiceworks is a nice free one if you can take the banner advertisements, and for full funtionality you have to open wmi ports on all pc's for full funtionality.
the one i use is a pay one Trackit by numera.
July 26, 2011 3:17:09 AM

RightNow!
Related resources
August 5, 2011 2:30:43 AM

We use Web Helpdesk and like it. Liberum is a great open source (free) helpdesk and you don't have to deal with the advertising like with spiceworks. We used it before web helpdesk for several years without issue. We needed to move to something with better LDAP/AD integration.
May 7, 2012 2:28:13 PM

We user sysaid over here
May 10, 2012 5:23:00 AM

I’ve used peregrine and honestly it is a mess! Not only that, but there are so many new help desk systems that aren’t just a convoluted load of HTML pages; the system we now use is called FocalScope (www.focalscope.com) and it makes peregrine look like a dinosaur, honestly. Check out their site for more info and compare the two for your needs.
May 23, 2012 6:39:29 AM

osticket

or

otrs

am using the later
May 31, 2012 8:24:35 PM

We use ConnectWise which is decent but not free.
May 31, 2012 8:50:00 PM

Thanks for the reply but this threat is very old. best to just let it die : )
!