TC10284

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2001
Hello. When I installed a NetworkEverywhere NC100 v2 PCI 10/100 Network Adapter in my fresh install of Windows ME everything worked fine at first. When I went to www.windowsupdate.com and downloaded all of the updates that I could (not including the ones that require you to download them separately) everything installed fine but once I restarted I noticed a problem. A few minutes after I booted up the computer and tried to open My Computer, Internet Explorer, etc. the computer would stop responding. I had to go to msconfig and disable everything that under Selective startup. I finally narrowed it down to the VxD section, then down to NDIS.vxd. When I unchecked ndis.vxd so it would not load at startup the computer worked fine BUT it couldn't access the internet, but when I re-enabled it and restarted it would make the computer stop responding again. I looked on Microsoft's Knowledge Base and I found this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q261766
This is my EXACT problem but the resolutions in the article do NOT resolve my problem. Also the updated drivers on networkwverywhere's website make no difference. Can you please help me get this problem worked out? Thanks!

Tavis Curry

hammerhead

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
ditto jlanka's post

Hate to be so negative and I'm sure there's a solution. But having had lots of experience with pretty much all MS OS's, ME sucks too much to bother with.

TC10284

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2001
Yes I hear you there. I have installed ME on two of my computes and I had to go back to 98SE. =\ But I don't think my Aunt is willing to do that....but she has to if she wants it to work. What can I say to convince her?

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
i think microsoft should offer a public appology for windows me. had i paid for it i would have demanded my money back.

how do you shoot the devil in the back? what happens if you miss? -verbal

TC10284

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2001
Yes, I obviously know this. They however........that's another story.....=\. Talking them into spending money? lol....

AgentSmith

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2002
Try exracting the file from the disk, or if you don't have, try finding it online, or if you can't find it try searching on a %-search engine- known as datowarez.com for windows me, unpack the exe and extract it from there.

Slowdown? What slowdown? Didn't you know this was a slideshow?