VX7000 Question

Does the VX7000 use the same cable to link to the computer as the
VX6000?

(Just wondering if I'd have to buy new cables as well as new phones if
I upgraded)

My current cable works with the VX6000 & VX4500 ...

Mike

Splendid

you have to buy a new one. Unfortunately, there are none on ebay, so you
have to buy directly from Verizon.
Hope this helps....

Wondering if you can answer a question for me? Is there a web site to
gop to that has free games or ring tones to download? I have heard there
is a place but I have not been able to locate it.
Please respond to the following email address.

jordanone@yahoo.com

singha_lvr wrote:
> Does the VX7000 use the same cable to link to the computer as the
> VX6000?
>
> (Just wondering if I'd have to buy new cables as well as new phones if
> I upgraded)
>
> My current cable works with the VX6000 & VX4500 ...

U can use the same cable as the vx6000 all u have to do is file down the
little metal clips on each side of the end of the cord
"Mike" <jordanone@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> you have to buy a new one. Unfortunately, there are none on ebay, so you
> have to buy directly from Verizon.
> Hope this helps....
>
> Wondering if you can answer a question for me? Is there a web site to
> gop to that has free games or ring tones to download? I have heard there
> is a place but I have not been able to locate it.
> Please respond to the following email address.
>
> jordanone@yahoo.com
>
> singha_lvr wrote:
> > Does the VX7000 use the same cable to link to the computer as the
> > VX6000?
> >
> > (Just wondering if I'd have to buy new cables as well as new phones if
> > I upgraded)
> >
> > My current cable works with the VX6000 & VX4500 ...

Ok, here's the deal with the cable. I currently have the VX6000 and VX7000
in my arsenal. I use Susteen's DataPilot software, with the cable as well
for my VX6000.

I heard the VX3200 cable would fit on the VX7000, but could not have it
confirmed. I spoke with Susteen tech support and they told me that I could
use the same cable for both phones, even though the connectors were slightly
different, due to metal clips/prongs for each phone model.

Well, he was right. He told me to just wiggle the cable in, and it may take
practice. It worked. It took finesse and about 1.5 seconds to wiggle it in
from one side to the other. The VX6000 and VX7000 cable can be used for
either phone. I did it, with no problems whatsoever.

"cox" <dmglakewood@cox.net> wrote in message
> U can use the same cable as the vx6000 all u have to do is file down the
> little metal clips on each side of the end of the cord
> "Mike" <jordanone@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > you have to buy a new one. Unfortunately, there are none on ebay, so you
> > have to buy directly from Verizon.
> > Hope this helps....
> >
> > Wondering if you can answer a question for me? Is there a web site to
> > gop to that has free games or ring tones to download? I have heard there
> > is a place but I have not been able to locate it.
> > Please respond to the following email address.
> >
> > jordanone@yahoo.com
> >
> > singha_lvr wrote:
> > > Does the VX7000 use the same cable to link to the computer as the
> > > VX6000?
> > >
> > > (Just wondering if I'd have to buy new cables as well as new phones if
> > > I upgraded)
> > >
> > > My current cable works with the VX6000 & VX4500 ...

Were you able to get the software to find the phone? I just got a
VX7000 and bought the DataPilot software for the VX6000. I got the
plug to go on, but the software won't find the phone. I set the phone
to both USB and then tried COM, but neither seemed to work.

Thanks in advance
Bill Z.