Transferring old files...

Hi All,
I am new to XP Pro and have an easy question. 98 SE is installed on my old
computer and from what I have read, I can easily (at least that is what the
articles all say lol) transfer my files, etc. I went to a local office supply
store and was given a "Cat 5e Crossover" patch cable RJ45 male/male in order
to accomplish this task. Now to my problem. I am not sure how to go about
this. Will I simply plug each end of the cable in and go from there with the
files and settings transfer wizard, or set up a network connection? Any info
is greatly appreciated
TIA
--
Canuck

"Using the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard in Windows XP"
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/expert/crawford_november12.mspx

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"Canuck458" <Canuck458@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
> I am new to XP Pro and have an easy question. 98 SE is installed on my old
> computer and from what I have read, I can easily (at least that is what
the
> articles all say lol) transfer my files, etc. I went to a local office
supply
> store and was given a "Cat 5e Crossover" patch cable RJ45 male/male in
order
> to accomplish this task. Now to my problem. I am not sure how to go about
> this. Will I simply plug each end of the cable in and go from there with
the
> files and settings transfer wizard, or set up a network connection? Any
info
> is greatly appreciated
> TIA
> --
> Canuck

Using WinXP's FAST Wizard, by MVP Gary Woodruff
(Please read the caveats about Outlook Express)
http://aumha.org/win5/a/fast.htm

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Security, Shell/User)