I have been sending JPGs, as email attachments, to a colleagues PC since
he bought it a few weeks ago without problem. Yesterday they started to
appear as embedded text within the body of his email and without the
"paperclip" attachment icon. I have had a look through his Outlook
settings and cannot find anything which would account for this change.

Any suggestions?
TIA
Mike H

Gordon

"Mike Hyndman" <mike@tmphyndman.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> I have been sending JPGs, as email attachments, to a colleagues PC
> since he bought it a few weeks ago without problem. Yesterday they
> started to appear as embedded text within the body of his email and
> without the "paperclip" attachment icon. I have had a look through
> his Outlook settings and cannot find anything which would account for
> this change.
>
> Any suggestions?
> TIA
> Mike H

The setting is probably at your end. Try changing the Email format from Rich
Text to either HTML or Plain Text.

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 09:56:50 +0100, "Gordon"
<gordon@gbpcomputing.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

>"Mike Hyndman" <mike@tmphyndman.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> I have been sending JPGs, as email attachments, to a colleagues PC
>> since he bought it a few weeks ago without problem. Yesterday they
>> started to appear as embedded text within the body of his email and
>> without the "paperclip" attachment icon. I have had a look through
>> his Outlook settings and cannot find anything which would account for
>> this change.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>> TIA
>> Mike H
>
>The setting is probably at your end. Try changing the Email format from Rich
>Text to either HTML or Plain Text.
No, I have no problems mailing JPG attachments to other accounts.
MH

Outlook or Outlook Express?

Is (s)he reading all messages in Plain Text?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Security, Shell/User)

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 19:36:49 -0400, "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Outlook or Outlook Express?
>
>Is (s)he reading all messages in Plain Text?
P,

Sorry, should have said, he's using Outlook,his mail is set to send and
read as plain text (always had been) . He had no problem up until
Monday, receiving JPG's, haven't asked if he is still getting HTML as
attachments.
I did think the problem could be my end, but I can send to other
accounts without problem.
Many thanks
MH