Windows XP driver letters

I have Windows XP (Home Edition) and recently found myself somewhere in the
operating system looking at a facility to enable and disable drives (hard
disks, CD, DVD and flash memory). The appearance of the facility was that of
a series of letters from "A" to "Z" (to represent the drives) with a mouse
clickable area to one side to enable or to disable them.

My problem is that due to advancing age and its accompanying memory loss, I
cannot remember where this facility is located within Windows; can some kind
person enlighten me please?

Thanks ........... Michael
5 answers Last reply
More about windows driver letters

    "Michael" <m.j.g.williams@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    >I have Windows XP (Home Edition) and recently found myself somewhere in the
    >operating system looking at a facility to enable and disable drives (hard
    >disks, CD, DVD and flash memory). The appearance of the facility was that
    >of a series of letters from "A" to "Z" (to represent the drives) with a
    >mouse clickable area to one side to enable or to disable them.
    >
    > My problem is that due to advancing age and its accompanying memory loss,
    > I cannot remember where this facility is located within Windows; can some
    > kind person enlighten me please?
    >
    > Thanks ........... Michael

    Start > All Programs > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk
    Management.

    Bobby

    TweakUI > My Computer > Drives

    > TweakUI > My Computer > Drives
    >
    > "Michael" <m.j.g.williams@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    >>I have Windows XP (Home Edition) and recently found myself somewhere in
    >>the operating system looking at a facility to enable and disable drives
    >>(hard disks, CD, DVD and flash memory). The appearance of the facility was
    >>that of a series of letters from "A" to "Z" (to represent the drives) with
    >>a mouse clickable area to one side to enable or to disable them.
    >>
    >> My problem is that due to advancing age and its accompanying memory loss,
    >> I cannot remember where this facility is located within Windows; can some
    >> kind person enlighten me please?
    >>
    >> Thanks ........... Michael

    Jerry;

    If you read the OPs question you will quickly realize that TweakUI is not
    what he was looking for.
    TweakUI is probably not even installed on the OPs computer. The OP was
    referring to Disk Management, which goes far beyond the scope of what
    TweakUI can do.

    Bobby

    "NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote:

    > If you read the OPs question you will quickly realize that TweakUI is not
    >what he was looking for.
    >TweakUI is probably not even installed on the OPs computer. The OP was
    >referring to Disk Management, which goes far beyond the scope of what
    >TweakUI can do.
    >
    >Bobby

    The o.p. said what he saw was "a series of letters from "A" to "Z" (to
    represent the drives) with a mouse clickable area to one side to
    enable or to disable them."

    That bears more resemblance to Tweak UI than it does to Disk
    Managment. Disk Management only lists the drives that actually
    exist, not the entire alphabet.

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    http://aumha.org/alex.htm
  5. Yup, TWEAK UI for the checklist, or right-click on My Computer and select manage if you want to change drive letter assignments.

Microsoft Windows XP