Sign in with
Your question

Are You Buying Mass Effect 2 Physically or Digitally?

Last response: in Video Games

Mass Effect 2 Physical or Digital?

Total: 24 votes (4 blank votes)

• Physical
  • 65 %
  • Digital
  • 35 %
January 8, 2010 1:11:51 AM

If you plan on buying Mass Effect 2 CE or STANDARD do you plan on buying a physical copy or digital download?

Why?

I personally have the CE preordered physically because I want a hard copy.
January 8, 2010 11:13:17 AM

I haven't brought a physical game in years; I just back up the downloded copy to a DVD (complete with a file that creates the necessary registry entries), so its easy for me to keep backups around.
January 8, 2010 11:46:08 AM

I'll just get it through Steam. Once it's installed, I don't have to reinstall it if I have to reimage my machine. I just reinstall the OS, install the Steam client and then copy over the Directory with all my games installed and I'm done!

Plus, with Steam, you can backup the game as well if you want to reinstall later without having to download it again.
Related resources
January 10, 2010 10:02:00 AM

I'll get a phsyical copy. I like having the physical version because I'm old-fashioned in the sense that it feels like I've got a backup and that I've actually bought something
January 10, 2010 9:53:45 PM

Neither. I am getting a game that isn't a sell out to the console. Not Call of Duty that's for sure.
January 11, 2010 2:26:26 AM

avoiding a good game because it was primarily coded for a console? you wont be playing video games for much longer mate.

but on topic, ill get the steam version. just because i can then get it day earlier than waiting for the NZ release. though i don't get why the DL version isn't cheaper...
January 11, 2010 11:41:17 AM

welshmousepk said:
avoiding a good game because it was primarily coded for a console? you wont be playing video games for much longer mate.

but on topic, ill get the steam version. just because i can then get it day earlier than waiting for the NZ release. though i don't get why the DL version isn't cheaper...

I wonder that as well. Maybe hosting costs instead of pressing the discs? Dunno.

January 11, 2010 11:52:19 AM

I thought steam was forced to charge more for digital copies as high street retailers threatened to stop selling the games if steam/others undercut their price and the publishers gave in
January 11, 2010 3:54:16 PM

klsdivan said:
I thought steam was forced to charge more for digital copies as high street retailers threatened to stop selling the games if steam/others undercut their price and the publishers gave in

That would be quality. The high street retailers should retaliate! Steam is only good for the orange box and those cheap offers and mmorpgs, like fallen earth
January 12, 2010 5:08:19 AM

Quote:

as high street retailers threatened to stop selling the games if steam/others undercut their price

lol, thats like a cow protesting a new fast food chain by eating itself.

im pretty sure steam simply charge so much because they can. people will pay it, due to the convenience (i like knowing my fav game, morrowind, will always be readily available to me, no matter how many new PCs i go thru).

but stuff is only worth what people are willing to pay. and valve know this all too well.
January 12, 2010 11:16:31 AM

I rarely purchase stuff from Steam at the full price. I usually wait until some sale comes along. It's how I got Dragon Age, L4D1, Assassin's Creed and Orange Box. True, I probably come to the table late on those games, but hey, it saved me money! And, it's environmental friendly! ;) 
January 12, 2010 2:13:08 PM

physically ,broadband here sucks ass
January 12, 2010 11:30:04 PM

isamuelson said:
I rarely purchase stuff from Steam at the full price. I usually wait until some sale comes along. It's how I got Dragon Age, L4D1, Assassin's Creed and Orange Box. True, I probably come to the table late on those games, but hey, it saved me money! And, it's environmental friendly! ;) 

im usually the same, all the games ive bought from steam i got at bargain prices. but i dont want to wait 3 days for the NZ release of mass effect 2. its one of my most anticipated games this year...
January 13, 2010 7:45:46 PM

The prices on Steam do vary a lot, but I've yet to use the utility of Steam games on seperate computers. However, when I do... I'll probably love steam :p 
January 16, 2010 7:05:51 AM

I'll definintly buy a hard copy. I love that new game smell.
January 23, 2010 3:38:03 AM

I'm buying (Or trying to) the Collector's Edition cause I ♥ Mass Effect.. So physical :3
January 23, 2010 7:35:00 AM

maybe i won't be getting the steam version. my account got hacked today :( 

i hope i will get it back soon, but i may have to buy the disk version of ME2 so i can play it without steam.

it isn't integrated with steamworks is it? ill be so mad if i miss ME2 'cause of this.
January 23, 2010 11:58:21 AM

maulxx said:
If you plan on buying Mass Effect 2 CE or STANDARD do you plan on buying a physical copy or digital download?

Why?

I personally have the CE preordered physically because I want a hard copy.

Physically,from the guy for 5 $.
Why?????
I guess original is to expensive for me. [:alexj022]
January 23, 2010 6:55:57 PM

Make sure not to go to the Bioware forums if you don't want to get spoiled as there are a few jerks spamming every thread with a paragraph of spoilers.
January 24, 2010 5:48:16 AM

nothing like the smell of new case smell
January 24, 2010 7:18:09 AM

TheDuke said:
nothing like the smell of new case smell

Oh my god ♥ ♥ ♥ always forget about that til I have a new one in my hands.
January 24, 2010 11:53:01 PM

I always buy the physical disc. My Basic DSL is not fast enough to download games, and I'm not going to pay more $$$ for a faster connection.
!