Sign in with
Your question

Having trouble remembering the name of a computer game

Last response: in Video Games
January 8, 2010 2:00:36 AM

Ok so the game I am trying to find has at least 7 games in the series it is in. It is an RPG that gives you a different member of the same family for the main character in each game. I do remember that the 5th game's main character is the father to the main character in the 6th game. I also remember that the 7th game introduced dimension hopping into the story. I know that the game is played on the computer and was developed in the early 90's. Sorry for the lack of info I was 5 years old when I remember seeing it so my memory isn't complete on it. Give me any info you can thanks.
January 8, 2010 2:05:10 AM

There should be some online site that can identify games...
m
l
January 8, 2010 2:20:58 AM

Yeah I have been using several different search engines and no luck.
m
l
Related resources
January 8, 2010 2:28:57 AM

if you can remember any character names im sure it would help, or the setting of the game.
m
l
January 8, 2010 2:46:22 AM

character names no. Setting was everchanging in all the games, you were always sailing to different islands and what not. And another thing to keep in mind is the graphics of the games were veeeerrrry poor until the 5th installment
m
l
January 8, 2010 3:08:13 PM

I have a game I want to find as well. You start out in an asylum (no not this one) and you have NO recollection of who you are. You're trapped in a cell. If I remember, you have to get out in a certain amount of time or else they come and do a lobotomy on you. I think you had to get out via the barred window somehow. But, as you play along, you learn more and more about your identity and how you lost your memory.

I just can't remember the name of the game, but it was out around 1993/1994 I think. It definitely ran under Windows 3.11 I believe, possibly even DOS.
m
l
January 9, 2010 3:17:04 AM

*** ING FOUND IT! The series is called Kings Quest. Thanks for anyone who posted but I was able to find it after much googling.
m
l
January 9, 2010 3:26:24 AM

Congrats. There really needs to be some online tool that identifies games. its a bad feeling when you cant remember something you liked alot. and try google isamuelson
m
l
January 12, 2010 3:57:54 AM

Was thinking andulvar was talking of the Ultima series..
m
l
January 12, 2010 11:12:32 AM

I found my game. It was called Countdown. Now, I just have to find where I can get it legally.

I did a search and it came up on a site that has what they call abandonedware. Is this really legal? I didn't download it because my feeling is it isn't legal.
m
l
January 12, 2010 1:21:45 PM

no man i dont really know sorry
m
l
!