SD 11 MAINBOARD BIOS UPDATE PLS HELP

jasenko

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2003
Ok. first of all sorry for my bad english and hi to all of you people.....

i brought a FIC SD 11 Mainboard in 1999 and a never done an bios update before...however i have a little bit of computer knowlege so i belive i could do it
what i need to know is fhat BIOS files I need to download to do an BIOS update of my old motherboard and where to look for info about what those BIOS files updating ....i have an K7 600 MMx athlon on it and creative annhilator Pro 32 MB graphic card but when i go to 3D Blaster Pro setings it says that i have

Processor G-Force DDR
Adapter information
Bus- AGP 1X
memory 32 MB etc etc

i do a little bit reading the SD11 manual and it says that i have AGP 2x still dont know what i happening...anyway it is an old mainboard i would realy like to do an bios update coz there must be somnthing better.....if you people who knows anything about it needs more info about my sistem pls tell me .....

best regards to all of you and thanx a lot

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by jasenko on 11/12/03 11:11 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

jasenko

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2003
OK i went to this page

http://www.fic.com.tw/support/motherboard/bios.aspx?model_id=9

and im little bit confused coz there are 6 BIOS files so i dont know if i need to download all 6 of them or only the newest one also if i need to download 6 of them i wold probably need to do an bios update 6 time?
and another thing ...what menas PCB version 1.6/1.7 and if it is important how to chek what version I have.....

thanx a lot for helping me

best regards: jasenko

jasenko

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2003
ok ..iv downloaded the last date BIOS file but confused again.......in UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS and it says something about flash update

Most downloaded files contain both the new BIOS file and the flash utility. Unzipping will therefore produce 2 separate files:
Flash BIOS utility eg: flash765.exe
BIOS eg: 615J900.bin

but the files i unziped contain the
flash file.EXe
SD11.rom?????
so i dont know what to do