Sign in with
Your question

Dirt 2 slow down

Last response: in Video Games
January 9, 2010 3:03:27 PM

Hi,when i am playing Dirt 2 and lets say its the start of the race and there is a lot of dust being thrown up by the cars the game slows quite substantially,what in the settings would i have to reduce to improve this.Thanks

More about : dirt slow

January 9, 2010 4:27:09 PM

To be a little more specific its mainly in the stadium section in LA and at night when the spot lights are on on the car.Once i have finished the stadium section it runs smooth.
January 10, 2010 9:10:26 PM

Try disabling v-sync, if it is enabled. Is your rig up to snuff for the settings you're using?
Related resources
January 10, 2010 10:50:03 PM

Well the thing is,if i dont enable v-sync the game runs terrible,i get really bad screen tear,the strange thing is if i lower the settings it runs worse than when its on high settings,my rig is 2x 4870 in CF,Phenome x4 9950 BE@3.0Ghz with 8Gb of ram and 1000 watt psu. I am running a Acer G24 monitor @1920x1200. But the thing is now is when i am in game and i have raced lets say 3 tracks all of a sudden the FPS drops to 28 for no reason. This game has been one almighty pain in the back side to get to run properly.
January 11, 2010 2:06:13 AM

Yeah, I've noticed a bit of tearing without v-sync, but it's not enough to bother me. Certainly more tolerable than the slow down.
January 11, 2010 12:02:25 PM

Ok i think i have managed to sort this game out,i am no longer running crossfire,i am running driver 9.11(not the hotfix),ive got everything as maxed as i can get it apart from the crowd which i have turned off because you dont really notice them when racing,so thats not a unecessary draw on the GPU and v-sync on,i have just played for about a hour with no problems any its running sweet.(I think i may have just cursed my self there for saying that lol)
January 11, 2010 12:43:33 PM

Hmm... maybe I'll give 9.11 a try as well. Thanks for the info.
January 11, 2010 12:48:32 PM

Now problem,hope it works better for you,just hope that the next ATI driver is better for CF.
!