Sign in with
Your question

Games

Last response: in Video Games
January 11, 2010 10:01:12 AM

hi there, please help! i had a problem with my pc and had it fixed, which wiped all the games etc. i re-installed my football manager 2010 game, with the cd code, but steam wont let me continue to install and i get a duplicate product key message! please help! thankyou. danny

More about : games

January 11, 2010 3:57:03 PM

Can you give a bit more information than 'I had a problem with my PC'?

Are you signing in with your original Steam account? If so the games should be on the uninstalled list.
January 11, 2010 4:24:21 PM

yeah sorry, the game isnt on the steams not installed list! i had a problem with my windows xp, so had it wiped and replaced at a local pc repair shop, thus removed my fm2010 game. after my pc was fixed, i re-installed the game via steam, but the cd key was a duplicate, and therefore wasnt allowed to carry on with the re-installation of the original game, therefore ive lost all save game data and the ability to patch or upgrade my fm2010 game should i wish to install via the cd! please advise! forever in my debt!
Related resources
January 12, 2010 2:38:39 PM

Do you have the disk for fm2010? You might have to contact customer support and have them make the key work for you. It might be a theft prevention thing. I'm not to much sure I havent used steam much.
January 13, 2010 7:48:12 PM

daffas said:
Do you have the disk for fm2010? You might have to contact customer support and have them make the key work for you. It might be a theft prevention thing. I'm not to much sure I havent used steam much.

Relevant point, its probably the theft prevention software kicking in. Call up the people at the company.
February 4, 2010 3:35:25 PM

hav u downloaded any patch
!