Games

hi there, please help! i had a problem with my pc and had it fixed, which wiped all the games etc. i re-installed my football manager 2010 game, with the cd code, but steam wont let me continue to install and i get a duplicate product key message! please help! thankyou. danny
5 answers Last reply
More about games
  1. Can you give a bit more information than 'I had a problem with my PC'?

Are you signing in with your original Steam account? If so the games should be on the uninstalled list.
  2. yeah sorry, the game isnt on the steams not installed list! i had a problem with my windows xp, so had it wiped and replaced at a local pc repair shop, thus removed my fm2010 game. after my pc was fixed, i re-installed the game via steam, but the cd key was a duplicate, and therefore wasnt allowed to carry on with the re-installation of the original game, therefore ive lost all save game data and the ability to patch or upgrade my fm2010 game should i wish to install via the cd! please advise! forever in my debt!
  3. Do you have the disk for fm2010? You might have to contact customer support and have them make the key work for you. It might be a theft prevention thing. I'm not to much sure I havent used steam much.
  4. daffas said:
    Do you have the disk for fm2010? You might have to contact customer support and have them make the key work for you. It might be a theft prevention thing. I'm not to much sure I havent used steam much.

Relevant point, its probably the theft prevention software kicking in. Call up the people at the company.
  5. hav u downloaded any patch
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Games CD-Rom Steam Video Games