PC configuration for Gaming??

rock127

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
Hi Gaming Community,

I am playing games on PC for long specially FPS. Now I need to prepare a new PC specially for gaming as many new generation games doesn't work. Following is the configuration I have in mind right now and need to finalize within a week.

CPU - C2D 2.7Ghz
Motherboard - Intel Original - G31
RAM - Simtronix(or Transient??) - 2x2 GB
HDD - Seagate-320 GB
LCD - LG 19"
AGP Card - 512 MB - Company?

Please help and suggest

Thanks in advance :)

mi1ez

Splendid
You'll be heavily limited my having to use an AGP card. I think AMD have the HD3850 and possibly one 4000 card available. If I were you though, I'd look at a new motherboard.

How many of the components listed do you already have?

rock127

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
Ok... I would be getting new hardware and would sell off my old PC. My old PC is P4 2.42Ghz, RAM 512MB, Motherboard Omaxe 845

My budget for new PC is around 20-25k INR (around $500)

Also which graphics card should I look for?

OllieUK

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
Maybe read this article..

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/system-Builder-Gaming-PC,review-31760.html

..and see if you can re-use any of your existing bits to knock the cost down from $700 to your $500 budget. Also give some thought as to whether you would want to overclcok it to get the most out of what you buy. OK it's using an old socket which isn't so good, but on the other had that is one of the constraints of the tight budget. There are also some options around the graphics cards here I think, you could start with only 1 to meet budget with a view to upgrade later or go for something different entirely.

But anyway this is one way an experienced builder thought was a good way to spend $700 in December so things won't have changed a huge amount..