P4C800 driver question

Sartori

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2003
Hello

Just got my new computer up and running this weekend. Eveything worked okay except for some random reboots when I was getting the video drivers taken care of. Seems to be stable now however, but will see.

I got the sound drivers, and the ethernet drivers installed which took care of some yellow marks in the device manager.

However I still got two left in other devices:
Raid Controller
SM Bus Controller

So will installing the Promise Fastrak 378 driver take care of these then? I have no idea what the SM bus contoller means. And do I just follow the directions that come up when You click on the Promise driver on the disc that came with the board. They give two options and I take it you point it too 378raid then?

I think thats all for now, hopefully it stays stable. Those random reboots are scary.......

Sartori

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2003
Hello again

Okay I got the raid controller updated from the motherboard disc and got rid of that yellow mark.

I'm still showing a yellow mark though by the SM Bus controller thats in Other Devices. Any ideas on that one?

Thanks

Sartori

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2003
Back again

I got the sm bus controller taken care of also by installing the Intel Chipset Inf update program. I guess I should have installed this right away, along with the other drivers on the motherboard disc.

This has been another learning experience anyway:)

TRENDING THREADS