Sign in with
Your question

Blacksite Area 51 not working on my pc

Last response: in Video Games
January 12, 2010 9:13:13 PM

Ok this is a very enoying problem i have. I just whent to gamestop for a good game and bought Blacksite Area 51 for PC. I just installed twice because the first time, when i ran it, i tried to up the graphics settings but the anti-alising is not working at all it doesnt respond and then the mouse stops working, like it dissapears and then i used the keyboard to navigate, started the storymode , when i started my mouse kept acting up. It sends me to top view and keeps me rolling around like in modern warfare 2 when you get that "mouse retarded movement". So i installed again and nothing. still the same problem,Another one is that when i go in the options and load a saved game it takes me to a blank screen showing absolutely nithing, Im sooooo mad. it crashes. Im very mad because Midway did a great job with Area 51(the first one) and now i install the newes and it sucks, no response at all. Please help me out with this , i want to play without problems. thanks!!!!!!
Note i uploaded a video on the issue. On YOUTUBE. there you can see how it happens. thanks!!!!!

These are my specs: WINDOWS VISTA X64
Intel Core 2 Duo E8600
Nvidia GTX 260
4GB Ram
500gb hdd
160gb hdd
750w

the video is: Blacksite Area 51 Glitch on pc.

Here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlTpq4E1uho

More about : blacksite area working

January 12, 2010 10:51:06 PM

Check to see if you need hardware updates either from the device manger or fro Windows Update. You can also try a few different older drivers.... video drivers..... you also may need to install DX9c...... is it on the disc or do you have a any game disc with it on it ?
m
l
January 13, 2010 12:01:27 AM

no the disk comes with the update for DX9. but you know I whent online to look for anwers and happened to find that im not the only gamer with that problem, its a s>>T load of other people that bought it and it whent crazy on their systems. Gosh i hate Midway for what they do, such a good game to look that bad on pc's, sometimes i wish that game developers would put a little more effort in to pc games. all they care about is consoles and their cheap graphics. for Consoles the game runs smooth(so ive heard) but i dont own a console. I'm a strictly pc gamer. but its sad cuz i played the first area 51 and loved it , now i want to play the new one, from 2007 and its crapy. Now im trying to apply the updates 1.1 and 1.2, lets see if it works
m
l
Related resources
January 13, 2010 12:42:24 AM

Try emailing their customer support, maybe there is a fix that they figured out. Sorry bout losing the money you paid for the game..
m
l
January 13, 2010 1:39:22 AM

WAIT I FIXED IT , I APPLIED THE TWO PATCHES AND DISCONECTED MY LOGITECH COONTROLER AND WHAALA ITS BACK . THE GAME IS ALRITE, NEVER EVEN CLOSE TO CRYISIS THOUGH, AND IS laggy but its ok for $10 i payed at gamestop. but i got it running again. thanks for the support !!!!!
m
l
March 13, 2012 9:37:04 AM

does anyone have the email for support for blacksite
m
l
!