Good cpu for wow

a good gaming computer for WoW and like bad company 2
46 answers Last reply
More about good
  1. Bad company 2 sounds like a good place to start as WoW has much lower system requirments, but might be good if you don't have a lot of cash on hand.

Bad Company 2 Min. Requirements
    Core 2 Duo @ 2.0 GHzRAM
    Minimum: 2 GB
    Windows XP/Vista/7
    256 MB Graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT + / ATI Radeon X1900 +)

You can use this web site to see where your current rig stacks up.

http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/srtest/intro.aspx
  2. yeah i dont even have a computer right now so yeah i really want one but you know im a mlg for xbox 360 but im a starter on pc and i am a student so
  3. How much are you looking to spend?
  4. idk like $500 $600 i just want waw and then BC2
  5. do you have any components already? i bet a pc could be built for your price range pretty easily. I know I have built a quad core phenom system for around 650.
  6. You could easily get an AMD quad core or intel core 2 duo for around £100
  7. i aint good at building *** man
  8. alright, well lets start with a nice cpu and mobo, then gfx card and the others. 500-600? ill look on newegg for a cpu/mobo combo for ya.
    here is a nice cpu http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103692
    and heres a mobo http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131366
  9. gamingguy said:
    a good gaming computer for WoW and like bad company 2

I'm In same situation as you. I just bought a Hp dv7-3065 from Best Buy. Its a GREAT laptop I can play Battlefield 2 and older games fine but I'm not sure about games that are around a year old or newer. I do know for sure that if you dont care about blu-ray or a 17" screen the best buy is an ASUS G60VX for $899 from best buy or an MSI for $799 from Tiger Direct.
  10. I believe he is looking for a desktop, idk for sure though. but he said between 500 and 600
  11. i am um ill look at those choices you game me cause im a starter and a student so
  12. alright, well i forgot you said you dont know how to build one, so are you going to just buy one from like dell or hp?
  13. like i could figure out how to put the new mother board in i would just need like a tutorial or something but i like the computer you showed me

if we could have friends i would add you :lol:
  14. haha, building a comp is great and is cheaper. but not something thats imperative to pc gaming lol check your PMs
  15. lol okay so yeah dude i try to build my own i look for a tutorial
  16. wait how do i check my PMs lol
  17. Alright. http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/how-to-tech/build-a-computer.htm theres a good one. But just post in the homebuilt section of tomshardware for what parts you should use. And check your PMs lol, very bottom of the forums page.
  18. lol okay chill so what do you play mainly
  19. what games?
  20. I just Checked Tiger Direct. They have a Systemax Venture VX brand desktop pc for only $399. It has integrated graphics but they have SEVERAL video cards for WAY under $100 so you could possibly have $ left over. Check out Their website
  21. yeah what games

hey could you give me a link
  22. i play about 4 FPS, but spend most of my time one the one mmorpg that i play, Eve Online.
  23. FPS what is the frames per second
  24. first person shooter.
  25. oh duhh lol i play cod mw2 on xbox and gates of andaron but then my comp died and it got wet my 7 year opld brother just confessed yester day
  26. thats a pretty good comp, but you will definitely need a decent gfx card this is a decent one, evga is the best, either them or bfg. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130535 perfect price, and not overkill.
  27. Take the side cover off & Try leaving it over a floor vent or in front of the heater overnight. It worked on a touch screen cell phone of mine that was dropped in a bucket of water.
  28. usually if it was one at the time that liquid hit it, its fried, but try it out i guess. it cant hurt.
  29. JDV28 said:
    thats a pretty good comp, but you will definitely need a decent gfx card this is a decent one, evga is the best, either them or bfg. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130535 perfect price, and not overkill.

I have a P4 Desktop dvd burner, good monitor, but otherwise nothing over the top. Not very old, do you think I could buy a $100 Graphics Card and 2gigs of ram(has 2 now) and be able to play CoD WOW,MW,MW2 ?
  30. i think that ill just stucck with your idea JDV
  31. yes, um, you may want to spend more, of course you will always want to spend as much as you can lol but that gfx card i linked above will do it. nothing extraordinary, and probably not max settings smoothly. but it will run it. the gtx/gts series nvidia is great. a little bit more expensive, but will run any game you throw at it easily on max. also, do u mean adding 2gb to ur 2gb now? because 4 gb is great, but the speed of the ram is a bit more important, PM me the model of your computer.
  32. here is a better card,same brand, for $30 less since your have a budget
  33. i cant i dont have it anymore
  34. What happened to your budget?
  35. oh lol i still have it
  36. JDV28 said:
    yes, um, you may want to spend more, of course you will always want to spend as much as you can lol but that gfx card i linked above will do it. nothing extraordinary, and probably not max settings smoothly. but it will run it. the gtx/gts series nvidia is great. a little bit more expensive, but will run any game you throw at it easily on max. also, do u mean adding 2gb to ur 2gb now? because 4 gb is great, but the speed of the ram is a bit more important, PM me the model of your computer.

Cool Thanks for that. I think my speed is 800mhz but i will go check. Im using my laptop right now. I bought a 23" acer LCD monitor a few months back for $155 shipped. Just Spent $699 on this Hp dv7. Was hoping it would be all i needed to play current games but I guess thats what happens when you listen to salespeople at Best Buy.
  37. ok lol, so that comp he linked about is decent, with a new gfx card it will be good...
  38. Can I Play Call of Duty MW or MW2 said:
    Cool Thanks for that. I think my speed is 800mhz but i will go check. Im using my laptop right now. I bought a 23" acer LCD monitor a few months back for $155 shipped. Just Spent $699 on this Hp dv7. Was hoping it would be all i needed to play current games but I guess thats what happens when you listen to salespeople at Best Buy.

wait isnt that a laptop? or did i misunderstand you?
  39. lol pay attention man jk
  40. It is a laptop hp pavilion, im on one right now lol. is that what you game on? cuz the only thing u can upgrade on a laptop is RAM and the hard drive
  41. Yes im on the paviion now and i did buy it to do my usual stuff and portability i was planning on spending around $1000 +/- . I wanted a big screen good processor, 500g hd, 4 or more gigs of ram, HDMI, Blu-Ray, and a DVD burner. Also If I WANTED to play World @ War or MW, I wanted the ability to do that as well. This IS possible but instead of buying a $750 laptop I needed to buy one that was in the $1100 range. Which I would have done but the salesperson convinced me to buy this one and ASSURED me that it would play those games. It plays Battlefield 2 Great but IDK about anything else. I wanted a laptop with a better processor than a 6600 series duo core because their discontinued. They talked me into the AMD by saying they were better for gaming. I am beginning to regret this decision after reading gaming specs. There aren't any user reviews about HP laptops that say anything about any games other than SIMS which I don't particularly care for.
    I have a P4 desktop that I was probably going to modify since I can do that for less than it would cost to get a Laptop w/specs I need to play current gen games.
  42. Yea, first of all, a desktop is ALWAYS a better choice for gaming unless you want to pay a minimum of 1200 for an nice gaming laptop. also, AMD is alot better for gaming so that was a good choice. I am on an HP pavilion dv9610 right now, but i hardly do any gaming on it. and yea, upgrading your current desktop would be better for gaming.
  43. im back on man
  44. good lol. so what are you lookin to do?
  45. lol ,nice .
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Gaming Computers World Of Warcraft CPUs Video Games Product