Sign in with
Your question

WTB original XFX 4870 cooler/fan

Last response: in Deals
July 19, 2012 10:49:56 PM

I want to buy an XFX 4870 cooler and fan, as well as all the required mounting hardware. I have an XFX 4870 XXX edition card that's dead and needs to be sent to XFX, but I don't have any of the original hardware, which is required for a return under the terms of the warranty.

For a picture of what it needs to look like, see the following URL:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150339

I would like to spend $20 (including shipping cost) at the most for it.

I would also instead be willing to trade my Accelero Twin Turbo cooler with all needed hardware (currently on the dead card, the small heat sinks should be reuseable if the sticky pads are cleaned with alcohol) and a small tube of thermal grease.
July 24, 2012 11:20:38 PM

Nobody has a set of the original parts that they're willing to sell/trade? Not even an offer? Is there somewhere else I should post this that might get better results?
Related resources
July 26, 2012 5:08:00 PM

This thread will remain here, offers can still be sent, and I will respond to them, but I'm very unlikely to be coming back here for anything else in the future due to the complete absence of responses from the community.
August 7, 2012 9:15:21 PM

I'm surprised I still haven't received a single response from anyone.
August 7, 2012 10:38:57 PM

That's a pretty specific part and most users here have upgraded long before now so probably very few of them available not to mention having to come onto this specific section of the forum to see your post -- so not surprising there haven't been many responses -- you might try Ebay and see if anyone is selling a complete card for cheap that you can scavenge the thing from - Here's one with a current bid of $58 +$5 shipping ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATI-radeon-HD-4870-1GB-video-ca... ) Figure that way you could return the one with the fan and keep the replacement cooler\fan on the second to use while awaiting the RMA and afterwards have 2 complete cards to use in crossfire or sell.

Though as old as the card is it is probably not worth the investment and hassle - I'd just toss the thing and be done with it !
August 8, 2012 3:54:11 AM

JDFan said:
That's a pretty specific part and most users here have upgraded long before now so probably very few of them available not to mention having to come onto this specific section of the forum to see your post -- so not surprising there haven't been many responses -- you might try Ebay and see if anyone is selling a complete card for cheap that you can scavenge the thing from - Here's one with a current bid of $58 +$5 shipping ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATI-radeon-HD-4870-1GB-video-ca... ) Figure that way you could return the one with the fan and keep the replacement cooler\fan on the second to use while awaiting the RMA and afterwards have 2 complete cards to use in crossfire or sell.

Though as old as the card is it is probably not worth the investment and hassle - I'd just toss the thing and be done with it !

Thanks for the ebay link. I hadn't looked there for a couple of weeks. This might be the only one I've seen so far on ebay that has what I need. I know the dead card is old, but if sent in under warranty, XFX would send me a much newer card as a replacement (I was told it would be a 6670 or something like that), and still have the same warranty on the new card. I'd probably resell the 4870 after swapping the cooler and fan between it and the dead one, and probably also sell the replacement card they send me to buy a 5770 so I can use it with my 5750.
!