testing a designjet 2500cp

Hi there,
I have purchased a designjet 2500cp at auction. It fires up through the
initialisation stage ok but stops at the check printing error ink system.
Specifically it it says that the magenta cleaning unit needs replacing.
Most of the ink in the four cartridges is empty except the black.
My question is around finding a way to test the machine without having to
buy a whole lot of new ink cartridges before i know if the rest of the
machine is ok. I was hoping i could run it on only the black cartridge etc
to test it However I have not found a way to test it. Has anyone any
suggestions of how to test it many thanks
leon
ps does a print head come with purchasing a new cartridge??

--
modulation in all things

Oct 28, 2004 20:21:00 GMT N/A: Question Author

I have made some progress since i wrote the message.
I can now sometimes get the plotter to fire up and get past the last
mentioned message, it goes through the initialisation and onto printhead
alignment, sometimes even further to colour calibration. if it gets this far
it says printhead alignment cancelled and suggests a new lens cover ( I have
replaced lens cover).It prints or trys to ok and the automatic knife works
even amazing(after the 350c). I have printed out some of the internal prints
both in colour and black and white and it seems to print ok,
however it often/normally finishes with the system error 060000 00890c1c
which also comes up if i try to align the printheads.
I am not sure what this means
has anyone any suggestions?
is it possible to bypass the printhead algnment and colour calibration?
many thanks
leon

ps3

--
modulation in all things
"Leon Horsnell" <leonh@pcug.org.au> wrote in message
> Hi there,
> I have purchased a designjet 2500cp at auction. It fires up through the
> initialisation stage ok but stops at the check printing error ink system.
> Specifically it it says that the magenta cleaning unit needs replacing.
> Most of the ink in the four cartridges is empty except the black.
> My question is around finding a way to test the machine without having to
> buy a whole lot of new ink cartridges before i know if the rest of the
> machine is ok. I was hoping i could run it on only the black cartridge etc
> to test it However I have not found a way to test it. Has anyone any
> suggestions of how to test it many thanks
> leon
> ps does a print head come with purchasing a new cartridge??
>
> --
> modulation in all things

TRENDING THREADS