Team Fortress 2 Low FPS problem

I'm running:

AMD athlon 64 x2 6400+ 3.2ghz
Geforce gtx275 896mb
2 x 2gb G. Skill DDR2 RAM
An ASUS board (i don't remember which one, haven't looked in a while)
320gb Seagate Hard disk
Windows 7

When I play team fortress 2, I get on a pretty populated server, and I get like 30-40fps. And with the video card I have, you would think that this would run at higher fps.

I have 12mb Comcast cable internet.

Any opinions i would love,
thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about team fortress problem
  1. I have the same problem, I've come to accept it as either server overload ot just an anomaly.
  2. Game engine can't process everything happening fast enough.
  3. That's odd. You have a slightly better pc than I do and I'm able to run the game at 1280x800 res and all high settings with 2x AA and I get a constant 60fps. I could probably run it at a higher res and maybe more AA too, but haven't tried yet. There was another thread about this too, but I don't think it's been resolved yet. I'm at work and the steam forums are blocked for me, but you might wanna check there too. www.steampowered.com
  4. Well I have read other forums with the same problem as I do.

It sounds like all players with this problem should just wait till they make a patch that fixes it.

In the mean time, I used the console command "mat_queue_mode 2" which improved my fps just a tad.

Thanks for everyone's opinions, I now don't have to worry about it being my rig.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Team-Fortress-2 Video Games