Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Call of Duty 4 Lag with windows 7 64bit

Last response: in Video Games
January 16, 2010 9:06:33 AM

HI, i think this problem may have been overlooked or put to bad computer componants, but i do believe that windows 7 has a few issues with call of duty 4.

my specs:

windows 7 x64
nvidia geforce 295
intel i7 920
asus rampage 2 extreme
corsair xms3 - 1600 - 12gb

I never had this lag problem before while using older hardware. basically when i first load up the game, my fos stays at 250, but drops to 30 and comes back in a split second. it does this repeatedly for a bit, goes away and then comes back again later. if any of you know what game loss is, mine goes from 4 to 233 (or around that area) and goes back to 4.

i also play mw2, aion, guild wars, cod2, and red faction guerilla all in high graphics and this lag problem doesn't happen to any of these games. in fact i dont even play call of duty 4 in high graphics and still get lag :p 

has anyone found a solution or have any theories?

ps: ive tried compatibility mode :) 
January 16, 2010 1:25:40 PM

I've played COD4 a lot on Windows 7 64-bit, and have never experienced what you're describing, so I don't think it's a Windows issue.

I'm running it on a C2Q, 8GB DDR2, Asus P5Q-E and crossfired 4870's. I don't think the processor/RAM/MB would be causing this issue, so I'd be looking at your graphics drivers as the most likely suspect. Which version are you using, and have you tried updating/rolling back? Sorry I can't suggest ones to try, but the last Nvidia drivers I used were in XP on a 6600GT, so I'm not too current I'm afraid! :) 

Good luck.
January 16, 2010 4:10:59 PM

im not saying its directly the operating system, more how compatible it is with certain hardware at the moment but its just a hunch.

Im using up to date drivers at the moment, if anyone knows a good driver to roll back to please let me know :) 

I'm going to stress that all other games work perfectly fine though, so another hunch could be something in my nvidia control panel that cod4 doesn't like?
Related resources
April 23, 2010 11:40:17 PM

I also encountered this problem. I am playing CoD4 on a laptop, Core2Duo P8600, Mobility Radeon HD3650, and 4GB RAM.

I ran CoD4 with everything maxed out on Vista at around 50 frames. When I installed it on windows 7, I had a jerky, laggy motion, regardless of how much I lowered the settings. I have the latest drivers from ATI and the latest version of directx, so I have no idea what the problem is.
August 7, 2010 7:52:42 PM

its punkbuster
a b $ Windows 7
August 9, 2010 4:43:28 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!