Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Is it possible to play COD modern warfare 2 over LAN??

Last response: in Video Games
January 16, 2010 12:34:47 PM

i posted the same thread a few days ago but unfortunately, didnt get a single answer :( 

so i'm asking it again...is it possible to play modern warfare 2 over lan without an active internet connection?? i really need to know this...pls guys atleast let me know if it's possible or not...bot the multiplayer part n the spec-ops missions...SOS!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 17, 2010 6:22:42 AM

yes you can.....but only two persons....for multiple players you must interconnect using a server and switch...
Score
January 20, 2010 4:07:41 AM

ya i want to play only two persons...pls can u tell me how???...

[[p.s. no active net connection]]
Score
Related resources
January 20, 2010 4:09:16 AM

sayantan said:
yes you can.....but only two persons....

Score
January 20, 2010 5:25:47 AM

I heard you can co-opt, where two players can do the campaign together... ??:s
Score
January 20, 2010 5:32:05 AM

rasheeq said:

just connect the two computers using a CAT5 or CAT6 cable through your RJ45(LAN) ports....go to the multiplayer and start the game over lan
Score
January 20, 2010 5:37:38 AM

staalkoppie said:
I heard you can co-opt, where two players can do the campaign together... ??:s

dunno...when i go to the spec-ops section n click two player online play(there's no option for lan :S) it says "you must be signed in to steam in online mode to play"...i guess u need an active net connection to do this...i dont have one...

i cant find any options where i can connect to the other pc or create e server...need help here :( 
Score
January 20, 2010 5:42:27 AM

sayantan said:
just connect the two computers using a CAT5 or CAT6 cable through your RJ45(LAN) ports

this part is done...

sayantan said:
go to the multiplayer and start the game over lan

cant find this part :S there is no option of starting the game over lan :(  it's got "play" and when i click it says the same thing..."you must be signed in to steam in online mode to play" :( 
Score
September 2, 2010 6:55:58 PM

hey I'm also facing the same problem. I always find the message: "MUST BE SIGNED IN TO STEAM IN ONLINE MODE TO PLAY". I want to play the game in LAN. I have got 2 (two) PCs connected through a 5 port Ethernet switch, so that's probably no problem. But I can't find any damn options to even ENTER the LAN option. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

HASSAN
Score
September 2, 2010 6:57:51 PM

PLease help ME IN creating a LAN connection for this game
I HAVE NO ACTIVE INTERNET CONNECTION>>>>
KBA HASSAN
Score
September 3, 2010 8:25:47 AM

But is there no way to play such a high-budget game over LAN?
maybe turning ON the STEAM can do the trick somehow
Score
September 3, 2010 8:28:58 AM

Okay
Let's flip the tables
Even if i have an active net connection how can i connect to the internet?
whenever i enter the multiplayer mode and select play it says: "MUST BE SIGNED IN TO STEAM IN ONLINE MODE TO PLAY". How can this problem be solved then? Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANYONE????
Score
September 3, 2010 12:35:56 PM

do you have a steam account? is your copy legal? when you installed the game it should have prompted you to create a steam account. thats what you need to do.

to play multiplayer you must be signed into steam.

and even then you can only play online. there is no Lan support. high budget or not they decided not to include Lan support
Score
September 3, 2010 4:05:50 PM

Are you absolutely sure that they have deliberately no decided to launch the game on LAN?
Can you please show any link as the proof of your statement. I'm handling quite a lot of trouble here!!
Score
September 3, 2010 4:51:20 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!