Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Where can I find a Motherboard Buyers Guide?

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Graphics Cards
  • Tom's Hardware
  • Buyer's Guides
Last response: in Motherboards
November 25, 2003 3:04:57 PM

In the Graphic Card Forum, I have seen the Tom's Hardware Graphic Card Buyers Guide. I find it excellent. It is located at: http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?nam...

Is there an equivalent Tom's Hardware Motherboard Buyers Guide that can be found somewhere?

More about : find motherboard buyers guide

November 25, 2003 4:36:24 PM

im not sure, but then again graphic cards can work by themselves but motherboards are not "stand alone" in the sense that its selection depends on wat processor u're looking at, the RAM, and the chipset which goes well with ur selection. thus its hardly possible to offer a 'guide'

2 cents from this noob

spamming is an internet crime.

Did i just commit a crime?
November 25, 2003 5:59:14 PM

Lets us know what Cpu and what you are using it for? Than we'll help you with Mobo.
Related resources
November 25, 2003 6:16:06 PM

Sorry, I realize my question is much too imprecise. I will place another post where I will try to be less vague.
November 26, 2003 1:44:35 AM

I would gather that the answer is that there are no guides of note that those that have responded know of.

I don't know of any. I would agree that the variables are a bit more complex for mobos then video cards and that may be a reason why there are few if any of note out there.
November 26, 2003 3:48:43 AM

I was leaning a little more towards the "basing a system around a motherboard" instead of basing the parts around the cpu like you are. After I read up on alot of computer ish it seems that any halfway new processor these days isn't going to make or break the system so long as it isn't a 300Mhz generic brand. If you need help just give as much info. as you can about what you would like to do with the computer and the budget. After that you will get alot of oppinions. What I got asking this same question a couple weeks ago was the abit IS7 and the asus p4p800 regular or delux models. You might be using the computer for something different than I was however. I would recommend checking out tom's mobo reviews, he must know something about computers if he started this site and growing to be as big as it is now. good luck.