File Extensions - I know, wrong forum

DCB_AU

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2002
I know I'am in the wrong forum but I'am going too ask the question anyway - no respose from the XP forum.

Trying to find the "exe" file extension in folder options- file types, so that I can have the "exe" extension visible "only". (Have selected hide file extensions for known file types in other section so that I can select the "exe" extension only in folder options/file types).

The other extensions are there, zip, etc, but exe is'nt, however it is there somewhere because if I type in exe as a new file extension, it says that exe is already associated.

Using Win98 and XP.

Thanks,

<font color=red>DCB</font color=red><font color=white>_</font color=white><font color=blue>AU</font color=blue>

jimbo99

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2003
The only option I know of is to "hide extensions for known file types". Open "my computer", choose "tools", choose "folder options" and then click the "view" tab. Scroll the list till you see this option.

DCB_AU

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2002
Yes I know this.
What I want to do is to have all file extensions hidden except for the exe extension.
I know how to do it except the exe extension is no in the list.
Strange as all the other extensions are there.
The question is where is the exe extension so that I can select it.

<font color=red>DCB</font color=red><font color=white>_</font color=white><font color=blue>AU</font color=blue>