Sign in with
Your question

windows wont load with new mobo

Last response: in Motherboards
November 29, 2003 1:14:26 AM

I just installed a new k7n2 board and a 2500+ into my system, and now when my computer boots up I see the safe mode selection screen (safe mode, last known good config, start windows normally...) and when I select anything it begins to load windows, but never get to the loading screen becuse it hangs and restarts a moment later. when I boot under safe mode it gets to mup.sys before it restarts every time.

my specs:
xp 2500+
k7n2 delta whatever
built by ati radeon 9800 pro 128mb
400 wat psu(I dont remember what brand or its specifications and theres no label)
fortissimo 2
60 gig hd(again, I forgot the brand... its been a while, ok?)

More about : windows wont load mobo

a b V Motherboard
November 29, 2003 3:39:47 AM

When you makes such large system changes under Windows XP, you need to re-install the OS.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
November 29, 2003 5:01:35 PM

The only reason because makes so is that it doesn't have dos(which isn't bad :) ) to detect driver changes at low level - it detects the driver changes @ shell level,bur in order to reach the shell it should load the IDE, mobo and AGP controller drivers, which do not match if you change the MB, so you can't even load Safe Mode - there's a resolution but i'd recommend you to reinstall - better performance.
98 could fix this by just removing all MB devices under safe mode, but it seems that XP safe mode is nothing but 8-bit XP(muahaha).
Related resources
November 30, 2003 2:05:30 AM

well, I forgot to backup so I would love any advice on how to get around this, after I move all my important stuff to another computer I'll be happy to format... but not yet.
a b V Motherboard
November 30, 2003 3:18:38 AM

Boot off the XP CD, don't choose the repair console mode, go to full settup, when it ask you again choose repair install.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
!