p3 1.4 512k motherboards. Are there any more?

PaithQ

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2003
Argh!! I need some help! I have a p3 1.4 512k cache FC-PGA2 cpu. The only motherboard at the time that I could find was the Tyan Tiger s2507T dual. Its running single chip. I also have a Visontek GeForce TI 4600 128ddr. This board apparently has issues with this video card. Tyan's FAQ says to change driving mode to c8 for the card to work. It does!! However, I feel its glitchy with some DirectX games. Mainly with particle graphics. My questions "Is there any help or fix" Is there another motherboard that was just 'bad ass' for the p3 1.4 chip and graphics? And one more question, I swear only one more. Where can I get such a board now with p4's 800bus out?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Crap board. You shouldn't have even bothered looking for a special board for that CPU, NEARLY ANY Tualatin compatable board should have worked. An example is the Asus TUSL2-C. Even though Asus doesn't state it's compatable, that's simply because Asus has never actually tested it. Several members of this very community have use the TUSL2-C with the 1.26 and 1.4GHz PIII-S (512k).

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
i'm pretty sure that would work in a bx w/ a slocket.

Also the tusl is way overpriced, in fact all tully boards are. I just moded my culs2 to run a tully.

If it isn't a P6 then it isn't a procesor
110% BX fanboy