sound issues with nforce2 mainboard

decipher

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2003
i am using an asus a7n8x-x nforce2 board. the problem now is, that i get strange sound glitches using both the ac97 onboard sound _and_ my hoontech staudio dsp 24 value soundcard no matter which device i select within the windows xp control panel. i get this problem strangely enough only when playing games based on the unreal 3-d engine and in fl studio (audio sequencer program). winamp and media player and other games work properly somehow. i tried everything from disabeling the onboard sound device to removig the hoontech card completely, installing new drivers, changing from asio to mme output and so on but i cannot get rid of this audio glitches which seems to be some kind of audio buffer underruns (sounds like groaning or something like that). any help would be appreciated!

decipher

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2003
this issue got nothing to do with speakers in fact i totally freaked out now, coz i found the solution! i just had to change computer setting in the device manager of xp to ACPI-PC and _all_ glitches are gone. dont know why. but it worked! :)