compaq hides chipset

zwaarst

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I am going to buy a used notebook, (Compaq Evo N1020v model P4 2,4 GHz 40GB VCT 15-inch TFT)
stabilitiy is the most inportant thing for me. For that resson I want a intel chipset, and not a SIS or VIA.
I searched eveywhere, and even called the compaq helpdesk, but they couldn't tell me witch chipset was in that laptop.

does eneybody of you fellows maby have that latop, and couldn,t resist opening it ????

thanx already

<font color=red>duk-tape is like the force, it has a bright side and a dark side, and it keeps the universe together.</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Dell uses ONLY intel chipsets, and their high end notebooks have replacable video daughterboards.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

zwaarst

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
i did know that compaq was a part of HP, but i didn't know that dell was also a part of that ???

<font color=red>duk-tape is like the force, it has a bright side and a dark side, and it keeps the universe together.</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
They aren't. I was suggesting you look for a better model. I missed one word you said in your first post, "used".

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

zwaarst

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
ok, thx.
now i have the picture again.

btw
what is wrong with the compaq ????
or is it just that you know that the dll's are good??

<font color=red>duk-tape is like the force, it has a bright side and a dark side, and it keeps the universe together.</font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by zwaarst on 12/02/03 07:23 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It's just that I only know of a couple companies to offer laptops with replacable video cards, Dell's are known to be good laptops, and Dell uses only Intel CPUs and chipsets.