Is Pc gaming dying

Status
Not open for further replies.

steel org grotto

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
I just wanted to start this thread because i am constantly asking myself this question, why spend 1000$ on a gaming comp. when i could get the top of the line console, extra controllers , and a butt load of games. So i guess the question is, is pc gaming worth it, or why do we pc game when console gaming is soooo less exspensive. But also if pc games are going to drop off and consoles are going to be the only form of gaming?

sunzeal

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009
hmm consoles < PC . BTW i know consoles are cheap but their games are expensive then PC. PC can always deliver better perormance/graphics then consoles, and their are loads of good games for PC.

Anyways i think it would better for you to go for PC then consoles, coz if you buy PS3 now then after a year you need to buy PS4 again....

purplerat

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
There is already about 40,000 threads like this on this very forum. Do a search if you are really interested.

The question about pc games eventually dropping off and only consoles being left is pointless since all consoles will also eventually drop off and all that will be left is the next console and so on and so on. That's why it's called a cycle. What's the difference if in 5 years PC games are gone or if in 5 years there are no more 360 or PS3 titles (just like XBox and PS2 are basically dead systems today)? Either way whatever games/platforms you buy today they are going to be obsolete in a matter of a few years.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Console gaming just isn't hardcore enough. (for those of us who actually care)

Personally I spend around 200 Euro on hardware (performance) per year which I believe is very reasonable.

Problem is that most people are driven by cheap when you buy it. Then the console wins.

Ok so pc gamers spend more on their gaming hardware, but they spare a few bucks on games.

not to mention th xbox breaking disc problem. some of my friends have already bought cod6 about 3 times. Should devide the revenue made off Cod6 by 2 to figure out how much they would have earnt if the discs would not break all the time :p

Anyways PC GAMING FTW (join my fb group)

warlord1609

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
With the launch for dx11, fermi and 3d gaming, i think pc gaming is gonna last longer than you think... So chill...
Ps: i own a ps3 and 360 and dont even come close to the awesome power of 5850...

vercingetorix_64

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
pc gaming isnt going anywhere, simply because pc's arent going anywhere. consoles are solely based on gaming, whereas pc's make the world go 'round.
i can see why you ask, but i still feel its kind of pointless.
if you want something to worry about, then go for console-gaming. or arcades.

or maybe something worthwhile like the enviroment.

mopkop

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010

Viva la your crazy
Look PC Gaming is not Just about Playing the Game its much larger.

Overclocking, Upgrading, Music, LCD, The Customizing, choosing your very own case.

PC is so much more Intimate, you Buy what your heart tells you, its not just another console on the shelf

WE LIVE FOR YOUR PC'S COZ THEY LIVE FOR US
Long live PC revolution!!!!

staalkoppie

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009

I don't work on high performance machines or do adrenaline sports, BUT I tweak the last bit of juice out of my PC. I love testing and adjusting it...see how alive my games become with this tweak here and a kick there....the pc is YOUR beast, that you duel with online

"the PC is personal again"

SpinachEater

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007

Look, consoles are totally awesome because:
1. They looks sexy at parties
2. MW2 roxorz FWMFW!!!!!! WOOOOT
3. PC Suxorz

Consoles win...VIVA LA CONSOLES!!!!

mopkop

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
Since when can you customize a console to your liking and upgrade it to personal taste, and who cares about the console on the floor at a real party????? only if you play a game, the only console I must admit is fun at parties is the Wii but the rest don't really get used at big parties

SpinachEater

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007

Yo. All da hunnies dig ma Wii. Dats wat da parties bout! :bounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.