Need Celeron Motherboard to replace dead IBM

gparrish

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2001
Hi All - I need a Celereon motherboard to replace the dead one in an IBM Netvista. This one has a PGA370 socket and is currently using a Celeron 1Ghz. The board is a small ATX form factor with these dimentions (7.5x9 inches / 19x23 mm). Many of the caps on this one are swelled and the memory controller is dead from my diags. I just need anything that will work in this unit to get it back up and running. Looking for something cheap since it is an older machine. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Greg

gparrish

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2001
Thanks for the quick info, I am already looking. Can I stick this Celeron 370 1Ghz into a Socket 478 that supports the newer Celeron, or do I need to stick with a MB with the 370 only.

Thanks,
Greg

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
you have to stick with the 370 only. There's no adapter or way of making a 370 chip work in a S478 board.

---
<font color=red>The preceding text is assembled from information stored in an unreliable organic storage medium. As such it may be innacurate, incomplete, or completely wrong</font color=red> :wink:

allanon1965

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2003
it will only fit 370 boards or slot 1 boards with an adapter, only adapters i know of are tualatin to non-tualatin, and slot 1 to 370 adapters....

Fat, Drunk, and Stupid is no way to go through life Son.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Could be Flex ATX too

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Send me the board, for $50 I'll replace all the dead caps and return it.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>