My Following setup is this

Case: Coolermaster HAF 932
CPU: Intel core-i7 920 2.67 ghz
Mobo: Asus P6T Deluxe V2
Ram: OCZ Gold 6 GB DDR3 1600
HD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200 rpm
GPU: HIS radeon hd 5870

and dvd drives etc.

Anyways when i start up crysis it works...but as soon as i go to change the graphic settings whether its changing a single setting to "ultra" or scanning the system for optimum settings the program freezes and doesnt come out of it.

Any suggestions?

andy_93

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
I have been having the same problems,it boots up but if i change graphical or movement settings and then click apply it either freezes and i have to reboot or it will come up with a box saying search on line to solve problem,if i click that nothing happens. I am sure its not your setup,what OS are you using?,i am running windows 7 64bit,now i was running vista with the setup i have now and had no problems so my conclusion is its somthing to do with Windows 7 but i have been on there Compatibility Center web site and it says on there that Crysis is compatible in both 32 and 64 bit. I am running(or trying to run) Crysis from Steam,i sent them a message as well and they said that its nothing to do with them,its a third party issue.
I have not been able to play Crysis since ive had Windows 7 and ive searched for answers but as of yet ive drawn a blank unfortunately,sorry to say.

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009

how come ive never seen this Ultra setting n Crysis? Its capped at Very high for me. In Crysis:WH its enthusiast... Is it because this is a mod or an update/download where there is a whole new setting?

andy_93

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
Holy F##KING CRAP.I HATE STEAM,just followed the link that Andy2008 kindly posted and followed everything and then opened up Steam to see if it would work and for the second time its says that Crysis is unavaible at this time,please try again later.AARRRGGGGGGG whats the point in having a game that you cant play when you want to,i am never buying another game from Steam again. Thanks to Andy2008,ill post again soon if and when i can test to see if it has worked.