Installation HP PSC 2410 failed on WXP SP2

Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Hi,

When I try to install the HP PSC 2410 the Wizzard always ends up with
error message :

"There was a problem installing this hardware PSC 2400
(USBHUB).
An error occurred during the installation of this device.
The required section was not found in the INF."

First, I uninstalled HP OfficeJet (witch had installed HP PSC 2410 driver,
so I installed the last OfficeJet (and driver)-> Nothing better

I unplugged all my USB devices, uninstalled all usb device drivers.
After a reboot in "safe mode", I deleted USB entries in device manager and
in registry.
After a second reboot, Windows XP SP2 has detected correctly USB
ports.
I try again to install PSC 2410 driver-> without success, the same
error occurs again and again

On Windows XP SP1, HP PSC 2410 works fine...
What's wrong with Windows XP SP2

my system : Abit KG7 (southbridge VIA VT82C686B, USB port 1.1) with lastest
released BIOS
WXP SP2
VIA Hyperion 4.53
VIA USB Filter 1.10 (with or without it, HP PSC 2410 does NOT work on WXP
SP2)

Thank you for any help
-----
Philippe

---
More about installation 2410 failed
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    I can only offer you sympathy. I have been trying since
    Christmas day to install a PSC 2410 on a HP Pavilion with
    Windows 98 SE. I have downloaded and tried all the version of
    the install software on HP's web site but whatever install I use
    I get an invalid page fault on the program HPZGLU09.EXE and
    after the install is finished I have no printer, scanner or fax.
    I have tried numerous solution offered by HP in response to my
    emails to Tech support and I sill get the same fault. A phone
    call got me a promise of a new Cd but I am not optimistic that
    will make any difference. Strange thing is it will install to my
    work Acer Laptop (also running W98 SE) so I have to assume there
    some software incompatibility. My Pavilion is now not running
    as well as it was after some of the solution HP suggested and a
    reinstall of Windows didn't fix it either. I thinking it's time
    to take that XP box off the shelf and install that but I will
    await the new CD first. Although none of HP suggestions worked
    some of them made sense (i.e. uninstall all USB devices) so do
    try there email support.

    --
    Regards
    Blue

    Remove Z from email address to reply directly.

Hewlett Packard USB Devices Computers