HP OfficeJet K80xi (director)

Cannot get Printer director on my screen.
Originally installed printer on Win 98.
Trying to use on WinXP.
Original install CD was for Win98
Second install CD says for WinXP (USB ONLY) and I use a parallel cable .
All functions work except SCAN which says cannot read my PC.
8 answers Last reply
More about officejet k80xi director

    Not sure what is on the second install CD, but HP has a monster 60MB driver
    download on its web site for the K80xi and XP.

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?product=61737&lang=en&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&os=228

    Good luck... Ben Myers

    On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 14:59:13 -0700, "don guzman" <donguzman@cox.net> wrote:

    >Cannot get Printer director on my screen.
    >Originally installed printer on Win 98.
    >Trying to use on WinXP.
    >Original install CD was for Win98
    >Second install CD says for WinXP (USB ONLY) and I use a parallel cable .
    >All functions work except SCAN which says cannot read my PC.

    Did you get that Hewlett-Packard URL fm someone ? I have tried repeatedly
    and my IE6 cannot connect to server

    Nope. I got that URL by going to www.hp.com , clicking on the Support & Drivers
    panel, entering OfficeJet K80xi for the search after clicking the drivers radio
    button. Next, click on Windows XP.

    It's possible that the URL wrapped around lines in your newsreader and you may
    have pasted an incomplete URL into IE 6. I use Mozilla, FWIW... Ben Myers

    On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 20:24:01 -0700, "don guzman" <donguzman@cox.net> wrote:

    >Did you get that Hewlett-Packard URL fm someone ? I have tried repeatedly
    >and my IE6 cannot connect to server

    Thanx. Got to 60MB d/l link but still getting"cannot find server" message.
    That's the page I need, so I'll just keep trying...Thanx,again

    Yes, keep trying. You may be having problems with your ISP. Works OK here.

    .... Ben Myers

    wrote:

    >Thanx. Got to 60MB d/l link but still getting"cannot find server" message.
    >That's the page I need, so I'll just keep trying...Thanx,again

    How come you don't know how to quote and attribute? It seems that you
    don't even do a follow up, just cut the message out and reply on 2
    lines. Nobody knows who you are replying to or talking about.

    Dr. Zonk

    Thanx to ben_myers for all the help in getting my K80xi back online and
    working perfectly.
    Seems upgrading fm 98 to XP will not work without uninstalling &
    reinstalling the new 60MB package with XP compatable drivers included
    Hmmmmmmmmmm ..... seems a grumpy jumped in there without following ALL the
    threads. ............
    Thanx again,Ben

    Your experience with a 98 to XP upgrade is typical. No way no how will 95/98/ME
    drivers work with XP. Many Win 2000 drivers also fail to work under XP.

    The bottom line: Look before you leap. Make sure that you have drivers for all
    the devices you use before making the upgrade. Microsoft has some XP readiness
    software which will help with the assessment of upgrade requirements.

    Glad it all worked out. Finally... Ben Myers

    On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 23:23:22 -0700, "don guzman" <donguzman@cox.net> wrote:

    >Thanx to ben_myers for all the help in getting my K80xi back online and
    >working perfectly.
    >Seems upgrading fm 98 to XP will not work without uninstalling &
    >reinstalling the new 60MB package with XP compatable drivers included
    > Hmmmmmmmmmm ..... seems a grumpy jumped in there without following ALL the
    >threads. ............
    >Thanx again,Ben

Hewlett Packard Officejet CD-Rom Printers Computers